Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Watch UK TV for free please

Watch UK TV for free please

Old Nov 1st 2018, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watch UK TV for free please

Originally Posted by Scamp
I tried really hard to make that simple but in hindsight unless you say 'expresso' or people saying 'expresso' annoys you, you might be oblivious.

I don't imagine you care or get it wrong.
This one doesn't bother me - but I do want to punch my colleague in the face everything he says "we need to focus on the pacifics"
Old Nov 1st 2018, 7:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
This one doesn't bother me - but I do want to punch my colleague in the face everything he says "we need to focus on the pacifics"
Ha!

My assistant instead of saying 'you're welcome' when I've said thank you for something basically hums the same thing, sounds like 'mmhmmmmm' but in a happy high pitched tone that resembles 'you're welcome'. Drives me up the wall.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I've always found a great way to fix these annoying a**hats is to take their words literally. I'm sure in your case Samoa, Tahiti, Pitcairn Island, Nauru and numerous others would welcome the support.

Emphasise the point by wearing national dress of selected pacific nations at work to show your dedication and focus.

Last edited by martinbkk; Nov 2nd 2018 at 2:01 am.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Spent a month in Kuwait last month and the V P N that I have always used in the ME including KSA worked perfectly. If VPN is really being blocked then the option would be to go back to using Slingbox - I stll hve one somewhere in a cupboard.
Old Nov 28th 2018, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

I've been watching iPlayer on my Apple TV4, Doesn't support vpn and running a vpn client on my router makes it crawl. But Express VPN gives me a DNS address to use for media streaming and bingo, iPlayer runs I just have to pinky swear i'm in the UK and have a TV licenece, that's it. Just works.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 2:06 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
I've been watching iPlayer on my Apple TV4, Doesn't support vpn and running a vpn client on my router makes it crawl. But Express VPN gives me a DNS address to use for media streaming and bingo, iPlayer runs I just have to pinky swear i'm in the UK and have a TV licenece, that's it. Just works.
not using Express, but the same system here; uk dns. Works on ATV4 and the same is configured on my Samsung smart TV. Wish it still worked with a Netflix
Old May 9th 2019, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
You know when people say the wrong word for espresso? Take the last letter off once you've said the wrong word.
I used use that one and it stopped working for BBC1 when i spoke with the support guys they said they couldnt do anything about it
I sacked it off as it wasnt worth the money for ITV ( Reality show central) Channel 4 and Channel 5 rarely worked
Old May 9th 2019, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reddiva
I used use that one and it stopped working for BBC1 when i spoke with the support guys they said they couldnt do anything about it
I sacked it off as it wasnt worth the money for ITV ( Reality show central) Channel 4 and Channel 5 rarely worked
Still works for me. Not always. Like not this week. But it works more than most.

Best to have vpn and non vpn router both running. When the vpn isn't working just download from kodi instead using a normal connection
Old May 12th 2019, 4:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by reddiva
Stopped working through the AppleTV for us. I said I'd sort it.
Waited two weeks, procrastinating, turned it all back on yesterday and it was working again.

I'm not sure if I want to run the VPN on my router or not yet. At the moment the AppleTV is just through DNS.
Old May 13th 2019, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

I’ve found the iPlayer service on my ATV to be scratchy of late. Mostly works fine but will throw errors from time to time usually on live news. Re-trying often works, sometimes it takes a few re-tries. If it’s news often the “start from” will work when the live feed won’t.

Express vpn still seems good value since it seems necessary these days to do WhatsApp and similar video calls.
Old May 14th 2019, 5:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by martinbkk
I’ve found the iPlayer service on my ATV to be scratchy of late. Mostly works fine but will throw errors from time to time usually on live news. Re-trying often works, sometimes it takes a few re-tries. If it’s news often the “start from” will work when the live feed won’t.

Express vpn still seems good value since it seems necessary these days to do WhatsApp and similar video calls.
Yeah, iPlayer can be squiffy. The whole DNS bit stopped working, was on live chat with Express and they couldn't solve it. Left it two weeks by being lazy, magically fixed.

These things happen, they used to drive me up the wall but in reality, it's hardly the end of the world. The idiot lantern has many options.
Old May 15th 2019, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

forget iplayer. go with zattoo and your vpn tuned to switzerland