Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Watch UK TV for free please

Watch UK TV for free please

Old Oct 25th 2018, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watch UK TV for free please

Originally Posted by martinbkk
And I don't understand the paranoia. Whilst the websites to sign up for such accounts might be blocked the actual service is unlikely to be. ExpressVPN works in China and I would suggest they might be more aggressive at trying to prevent such use than any ME agency. In truth I just can't comprehend even the slightest suggestion that "anyone" might be "looking". Unless there is some sort of evidence to support the fact I'd suggest that any correlation between a mention on BE and a service becoming blocked is what the real world terms, a coincidence.
I disagree. Nearly all the services are blocked. There's a big market of paying customers in the Middle East and the vpn providers are constantly trying to evade the blocks with new DNS servers, obfuscated servers, different protocols like P2TP. It's in their business interest to get it working. Yet every time something works it gets stopped within a few weeks. Seems pretty clear to me that the telecom providers, or someone else, is actively looking at what works and blocking it.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Long time - when I was in Saudi Arabia - I PAID for my BBC TV
Old Oct 27th 2018, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

not sure what your point is scot47

nowadays, the BBC won't allow you to watch it in Saudi even if you do pay for it.
Old Oct 27th 2018, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I honestly haven't got the patience for this sort of stuff..
You'd best tell those forcing you to stop it then.
Old Oct 27th 2018, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

My point was that you should not expect to get these services for nothing. It reminds me of my colleagues in Saudi who used to purloin tea-bags and toilet paper from work to save a few Riyals.
Old Oct 27th 2018, 2:09 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
My point was that you should not expect to get these services for nothing. It reminds me of my colleagues in Saudi who used to purloin tea-bags and toilet paper from work to save a few Riyals.
But not everyone wants something for nothing. Some would happily pay to watch BBC TV programmes, either by streaming or on iPlayer, but rather than setting up a system where this is possible they continue to spend miney and their efforts in blocking those who use other methods to do so.
Old Oct 27th 2018, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I went by the title of the thread "Watch UK TV for free". Frreloaders and "The Fraternity of 500" are everywhere (The Fraternity was a legendary and probably imaginary group in Saudi Arabia who swore to live on 500 Saudi Riyals a month to maximise their savings)

500 Saudi Riyals is approximately US$130
Old Oct 27th 2018, 11:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
But not everyone wants something for nothing. Some would happily pay to watch BBC TV programmes, either by streaming or on iPlayer, but rather than setting up a system where this is possible they continue to spend miney and their efforts in blocking those who use other methods to do so.

Originally Posted by scot47
I went by the title of the thread "Watch UK TV for free"...
But since paying legitimately is not on option, there are only two other options - paying non legitimately or not paying . Since paying non legitimately involves giving money to people (sometimes) breaking the rules, some are willing to not pay because that's the lesser of two evils and the only way while denied paying legitimately.

The BBC is living in the past. The music recording industry used to behave in the same way but now they accept the world has changed and they act accordingly. It's time the BBC did too.

I've just checked and the free Beebs add-on still works for BBC iPlayer - at least from Canada. Beebs is a Chrome add-on but you can also get it via the Opera browser. I have Opera as a secondary browser solely for this purpose...but finding good quality alternative streams, including BBC shows, is not that difficult anyway.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you like to binge watch tv series you can try eztv.ag. It provides magnet links to hundreds of series, most of the better ones never get to UK tv so far as I am aware, think Westworld, Altered Carbon, The Last Ship, Ozark. You need a torrent downloader, Azureus/Vuze/Bitly, but once set up up just click the link and wait. I typically get a 400MB file in not more than 15-20 minutes and sometimes an entire 10 episode series in an hour or so. It's just so trivial and the shows appear as tv series automagically in my Plex server without any intervention to be watched anytime on any device on my network and remotely if the bandwidth can support it.

I think real time TV, with the exception of the news, is a habit a lot people have broken. So all real time streaming services need for many folk is news, current affairs and local information.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 4:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by sicklyman
You'd best tell those forcing you to stop it then.
Nice twist attempt, but I'm the one sat back clicking a remote instead of farting around with a laptop.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
If you like to binge watch tv series you can try eztv.ag. It provides magnet links to hundreds of series, most of the better ones never get to UK tv so far as I am aware, think Westworld, Altered Carbon, The Last Ship, Ozark. You need a torrent downloader, Azureus/Vuze/Bitly, but once set up up just click the link and wait. I typically get a 400MB file in not more than 15-20 minutes and sometimes an entire 10 episode series in an hour or so. It's just so trivial and the shows appear as tv series automagically in my Plex server without any intervention to be watched anytime on any device on my network and remotely if the bandwidth can support it.

I think real time TV, with the exception of the news, is a habit a lot people have broken. So all real time streaming services need for many folk is news, current affairs and local information.
TPB also works too and YTS.AG for movies of exceptional quality
Old Oct 28th 2018, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
Nice twist attempt, but I'm the one sat back clicking a remote instead of farting around with a laptop.
remote? just cast from your phone mate.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 10:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by sicklyman
remote? just cast from your phone mate.
The remote for the dodgy box is atrocious. I'll concede on that.

But then again, the Du one is awful as well. Only the LG magic remote is of any interest.
Old Oct 31st 2018, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

What I find funny is most people who use them find them via a quick google search - anyone wanting to close them down could just do the same thing.

Im also please the mystery was unravelled- I didn’t make the connection between espresso and expressVPN.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 7:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
What I find funny is most people who use them find them via a quick google search - anyone wanting to close them down could just do the same thing.

Im also please the mystery was unravelled- I didn’t make the connection between espresso and expressVPN.
I tried really hard to make that simple but in hindsight unless you say 'expresso' or people saying 'expresso' annoys you, you might be oblivious.

I don't imagine you care or get it wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.