British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   watch out for pervs at Wild Wadi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/watch-out-pervs-wild-wadi-550246/)

cod head Jul 21st 2008 5:04 am

watch out for pervs at Wild Wadi

hi,

just a friendly heads up - my wife was recently (last week) groped at Wild Wadi - i wasnt there or the guy would be breathing through a tube now...

she was in a tube, and this perv swan under her and groped her...

She shouted to the life guard, who just shook his fingre at the man who promptly ran off

I phoned the management at night when she told me, who apologised, and said they are trying to fix these issues....

they shouldnt let single guys into the place.....its for families - just be wary...

TGFKASE Jul 21st 2008 5:12 am

Re: watch out for pervs at Wild Wadi

Originally Posted by cod head (Post 6593041)
hi,

just a friendly heads up - my wife was recently (last week) groped at Wild Wadi - i wasnt there or the guy would be breathing through a tube now...

She shouted to the life guard, who just shook his fingre at the man who promptly ran off

I phoned the management at night when she told me, who apologised, and said they are trying to fix these issues....

they shouldnt let single guys into the place.....its for families - just be wary...

Which is why most women, if on their own, head for Dreamland.... A bit farther away, but because of that, less single guys looking for a quick wee grope or lech....

Spugsy Jul 21st 2008 5:23 am

hi,

no single guys? thats a bit stupid isn't it?

MataHari Jul 21st 2008 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6593075)
no single guys? thats a bit stupid isn't it?

all single guys grope women...didn't you know....

Norm_uk Jul 21st 2008 5:31 am

Yup those evil single men are at it again...to be honest we should just make a big prison city for all single men because they are all perverts right?

...Or maybe it's just certain types of men (single and married) - the undereducated ones who are from places when men and women don't mix freely who haven't been raised properly...they have them all over the world

N.

PS: I wouldn't let my missus go to a waterpark with me or trusted friends...in case she got groped or lost the kids!

Spugsy Jul 21st 2008 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 6593092)
Yup those evil single men are at it again...to be honest we should just make a big prison city for all single men because they are all perverts right?

...Or maybe it's just certain types of men (single and married) - the undereducated ones who are from places when men and women don't mix freely who haven't been raised properly...they have them all over the world

N.

PS: I wouldn't let my missus go to a waterpark with me or trusted friends...in case she got groped or lost the kids!

maybe they should take you into a dark room and shine a bright light on you and ask you lots of questions just to make sure you really are married as well, just to pass the 'are you single' test?

MataHari Jul 21st 2008 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6593190)
maybe they should take you into a dark room and shine a bright light on you and ask you lots of questions just to make sure you really are married as well, just to pass the 'are you single' test?

so does that mean married men never grope...I didn't know that...

TGFKASE Jul 21st 2008 6:17 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6593198)

Not the ones that admit to being married.....

MataHari Jul 21st 2008 6:19 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 6593205)
Not the ones that admit to being married.....

yeah right...

Norm_uk Jul 21st 2008 6:22 am

Didn't you know that as soon as a man signs his wedding certificate he becomes an instant bastion of ethics and morality??

There are no married men killing people with their cars, visiting hookers in seedy bars in the UAE (or anywhere), cheating in business and absolutely no married men groping women or even looking longingly at them!

If men get married they're are less inclined to make war and damage the environment too :p

Marriage is also a cure for cancer and lupus I think...

N. :wub:

cod head Jul 21st 2008 6:24 am

to clarify here - by "single men" i meant men entering the park on their own, not whether or not they are married.

if someone is hanging around areas such as this case - a covered area of the pool which wasnt well covered by lifeguards, watching for women on their own, then surely the park should take action or watch these areas more closely.

the complaints section did mention they were introducing "family only times"

This is supposed to be a safe and fun place for everyone - the park should be taking steps to make sure that is the case....

Spugsy Jul 21st 2008 6:24 am

crikey, life would be boring if we didn't...

Spugsy Jul 21st 2008 6:25 am

Originally Posted by cod head (Post 6593224)
to clarify here - by "single men" i meant men entering the park on their own, not whether or not they are married.

if someone is hanging around areas such as this case - a covered area of the pool which wasnt well covered by lifeguards, watching for women on their own, then surely the park should take action or watch these areas more closely.

This is supposed to be a safe and fun place for everyone - the park should be taking steps to make sure that is the case....

so if you're a single bloke you can't go to wild wadi? come on mate, sort yout ****ing self out, what you on about? So if you don;t have a bird you're DEFINATELY going to touch up someone's wife?

Serious mate, you do have a cod for a head.

TGFKASE Jul 21st 2008 6:28 am

This smatters of the old 'You Have a Penis, You Are A Rapist' line of reasoning...!!!

Norm_uk Jul 21st 2008 7:18 am

I'm married and have been to Wild Wadi on my own before and with a group of men from work - by your reasoning I would not be allowed in because I am a potential groping sex maniac!

Perverts will always be perverts, married or single, alone or in a group. People who think like you ban everything because a minority of people are irresponsible.

So your wife got groped and for that I really do empathise but the majority of men would not dream of doing things like that. The police should have been called in a case like this as an acually offense has been commited and the culprit needs to be found and punished. Banning men coming into the water park won't stop people being groped (women and children have been known to grope too) - high profile prosecutions of perverts might reduce the problem (legalising brothels would also help as it did Japan!)

If you are so concerned with your wife why did you let her go to Wild Wadi alone? They have women only times in the park and have done for years.

N.