Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Washing Mahine man

Washing Mahine man

Old Dec 4th 2010, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Washing Mahine man

My washing machine seems to be thinking its a small aircraft which is moving across the floor ready for take off and pulling the hose out the wall, causing light flooding- anyone know a washing machine fix it man that can come out and fix it without charging me the cost of a new machine?

Cheers

A soggy footed kiittycat
Old Dec 4th 2010, 6:13 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Washing Mahine man

what brand is it? If it's a rubbish Teka one like mine, then you could try Teka Services on 04 2860346

They didn't take too many missed appointments to come and only brought the wrong part once. All in all, fixed it within 3 weeks, I think, and haven't yet got round to billing me for it, which is rather nice. Should have come to around 450AED and that's considering the pump died, the whole thing jumped forward and blew the door off the lock.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 5:21 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on where you brought it you might be able to call the store and they can get someone out, especially if it's under warranty.

I don't trust most independent repair people here and always try to stick to the manufacturers own lot.

N.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a Samsung- was bought on Dubizzle... although was only 6 months old.

The door hasn't been blown off- (said Michael Caine style) and its only a little puddle but annoying that I have to sit watching it just in case! I feel liek I am babysitting!

I'm guessing if it floods and the water gets under the tiles it could be problematic?
Old Dec 5th 2010, 5:49 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
My washing machine seems to be thinking its a small aircraft which is moving across the floor ready for take off and pulling the hose out the wall, causing light flooding- anyone know a washing machine fix it man that can come out and fix it without charging me the cost of a new machine?

Cheers

A soggy footed kiittycat
it's not level, get a spirit level and adjust the screws on the bottom
Old Dec 5th 2010, 6:03 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it's not level, get a spirit level and adjust the screws on the bottom
getting all technical there usually it doesnt go off level for no reason. if they are rattling around wildly something internal has gotten unbalanced or the bearing in the back of the drum has worn unevenly causing the drum to start to occillate. if that what it is, then the machine is what we engineers call fooked or soon to be fooked
Old Dec 5th 2010, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's not completely wild yet- more like a little bit agitated! I will have a go at the feet tonight!

Its only a year and a half old and I only do a couple of washes a week so don't see how it can be fooked yet?

If I call a guy out whats the chance he's going to try and rip me off?
Old Dec 5th 2010, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Our washing machine (Daewoo) developed a leak recently. I went in to Plug Ins (didn't buy it there, just thought I'd ask) and asked them for the name/number of someone who could fix it. They obliged, a guy came a few days later and fixed it for free. I love happy endings*.

* Waiting for obligatory EmiratesMillhouse comment
Old Dec 5th 2010, 9:31 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not completely wild yet- more like a little bit agitated! I will have a go at the feet tonight!

Its only a year and a half old and I only do a couple of washes a week so don't see how it can be fooked yet?

If I call a guy out whats the chance he's going to try and rip me off?
i dont know my crystal ball has been a bit erratic lately ( i am waiting for a part ) but you are going to pay for the call out no matter what is wrong, then you can ask the guy what he needs to fix it and maybe i'd have an idea of the likely cost then.
if its what i think it is, it will get gradually worse and you'll hear a kind of rumbling noise when it spins.
but for sure check the feet first.
maybe ask some handyman, bob the builder, typical male type to take a look , next time you are entertaining visitors
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

so yo think any random male will have an idea whats wrong with it purely because he has testosterone?

Not that i have any random male around my house can i point out!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:01 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

It's a Samsung- was bought on Dubizzle... although was only 6 months old.

The door hasn't been blown off- (said Michael Caine style) and its only a little puddle but annoying that I have to sit watching it just in case! I feel liek I am babysitting!

I'm guessing if it floods and the water gets under the tiles it could be problematic?
maybe the filter thing is just clogged, have you ever cleaned that out?
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Filter thing? whats that and the answer would be a no I have never cleaned it out as I don't know what it is- Where abouts is it?
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Filter thing? whats that and the answer would be a no I have never cleaned it out as I don't know what it is- Where abouts is it?
mine is at the front on the bottom, little door, open it and clean out all the shite
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:09 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

well, in mine it's at the front on the bottom righthandside...it's a little flappy door that you push and then it opens, behind it will be some sort of screwtop that you open...be aware that a lot of water can come out, and there might be dirhim coins, hairclips etc and/or a big blop of clogged up yuk that you need to remove...my machine started acting up some time ago and cleaning it out solved the problem...
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I shall get my friend to investigate tonight- Its the least she can do as guest don't you think?

I've never heard of this before- you learn something new everyday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.