Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Wardrobe advice!! pls

Wardrobe advice!! pls

Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:43 am
  #61  
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4,990
beebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wardrobe advice!! pls

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
ssshhhh...don't want anyone talking...!!!

MM, xx
It was all boring stuff tho..
beebee is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:50 am
  #62  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Madam Medusa's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 18,187
Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wardrobe advice!! pls

Originally Posted by beebee
It was all boring stuff tho..
well...fantasy maybe...!!!

MM, xx
Madam Medusa is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:58 pm
  #63  
Greying Member
 
Rog_Rams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Ex-Bahrain
Posts: 254
Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wardrobe advice!! pls

Originally Posted by Maid-Marion
Thanks your advice is much appreciated, ive stocked up on linens n cottons but will need to buy a few cardigans cos i hadnt thought about air con! Are there any toiletries that I should fill my suitcase with that I will have trouble getting or is really expensive?
Hi - Having spent plenty of time watching the missus buying assorted cosmetics, I reckon that you can get most stuff here in Bahrain. You like Clarins, Clinique, that sort of thing?
And on the clothes issue, you will be surprised at the stores that are here now - again - have spent many hours waiting outside fitting rooms in Karen Millen, BCBG Maxmara, Banana Republic, Gap, Hobbs etc.
You can get anything you want - pretty much.

Bags and sunnies? Another favourite of the missus and definitely cheaper here than the UK - top end stuff and available quite widely.

And as for your other half, he should dress for business as he would in the UK, long sleeve shirts, jacket and tie. It's cold in the office with the a/c on! If he has to do anything outside then he can roll his sleeves up and slip on the Ray-bans!

If his colleagues dress more casually he can take it down a nothch, but I think Arcapita is probably pretty formal.

Hope the male perspective was useful - Roger

Last edited by Rog_Rams; Jul 30th 2007 at 4:58 pm. Reason: Spell error
Rog_Rams is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:21 pm
  #64  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 27
Maid-Marion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wardrobe advice!! pls

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams
Hi - Having spent plenty of time watching the missus buying assorted cosmetics, I reckon that you can get most stuff here in Bahrain. You like Clarins, Clinique, that sort of thing?
And on the clothes issue, you will be surprised at the stores that are here now - again - have spent many hours waiting outside fitting rooms in Karen Millen, BCBG Maxmara, Banana Republic, Gap, Hobbs etc.
You can get anything you want - pretty much.

Bags and sunnies? Another favourite of the missus and definitely cheaper here than the UK - top end stuff and available quite widely.

And as for your other half, he should dress for business as he would in the UK, long sleeve shirts, jacket and tie. It's cold in the office with the a/c on! If he has to do anything outside then he can roll his sleeves up and slip on the Ray-bans!

If his colleagues dress more casually he can take it down a nothch, but I think Arcapita is probably pretty formal.

Hope the male perspective was useful - Roger
Very useful thanks....sun glasses are top of our shopping list when we get out!
Maid-Marion is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:53 pm
  #65  
Greying Member
 
Rog_Rams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Ex-Bahrain
Posts: 254
Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wardrobe advice!! pls

Originally Posted by Maid-Marion
Very useful thanks....sun glasses are top of our shopping list when we get out!
No problem - and I forgot. Don't know where your husband like to get clothes, but there is a very wide choice available. M&S has just expanded their store in the Seef Mall, lots of other familiar chains too.

Rereading the thread see he's working AT the Arcapita building, not FOR Arcapita.

Is that for WSA? Or a different contractor? (The clothing advice still stands regardless!)
Rog_Rams is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:44 pm
  #66  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 27
Maid-Marion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wardrobe advice!! pls

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams
No problem - and I forgot. Don't know where your husband like to get clothes, but there is a very wide choice available. M&S has just expanded their store in the Seef Mall, lots of other familiar chains too.

Rereading the thread see he's working AT the Arcapita building, not FOR Arcapita.

Is that for WSA? Or a different contractor? (The clothing advice still stands regardless!)
He's a QS and will be working for Murray & Roberts. Are you in construction too?
Maid-Marion is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:46 pm
  #67  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,434
Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wardrobe advice!! pls

Originally Posted by Maid-Marion
He's a QS and will be working for Murray & Roberts. Are you in construction too?
Ahhh...QS...
There was a Little James here recently...If he was around he would surely give some positive vibrations about the matter...
Confucius is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:50 pm
  #68  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 27
Maid-Marion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wardrobe advice!! pls

Originally Posted by Confucius
Ahhh...QS...
There was a Little James here recently...If he was around he would surely give some positive vibrations about the matter...
Little James? Positive vibes about the matter? .... please explain yourself young man!
Maid-Marion is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:54 pm
  #69  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,434
Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wardrobe advice!! pls

Originally Posted by Maid-Marion
Little James? Positive vibes about the matter? .... please explain yourself young man!
LittleJimmy...He moaned...And I don't mean it in a sexual way whatsoever...
Confucius is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:53 pm
  #70  
Greying Member
 
Rog_Rams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Ex-Bahrain
Posts: 254
Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wardrobe advice!! pls

Originally Posted by Maid-Marion
He's a QS and will be working for Murray & Roberts. Are you in construction too?
Nah! But know plenty who are. That's a big project. Lots of quantities to be surveyed!
Rog_Rams is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.