Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Wardrobe advice!! pls

Wardrobe advice!! pls

Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wardrobe advice!! pls

Originally Posted by Ray
Over a 1000 posts ... it runs their life ...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380766
oh geez...wtf...i'm putting that thread on ignore...

MM, xx
Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh geez...wtf...i'm putting that thread on ignore...
MM, xx
Tomorrow ..I will show you the how to make chutney thread ...
Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Tomorrow ..I will show you the how to make chutney thread ...
hahahahaha...now you really are winding me up...

MM, xx
Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:09 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

hahahahaha...now you really are winding me up...

MM, xx
Unfortunately not !!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
Unfortunately not !!!
i was afraid you might say that...spare me please, i get the picture, lmao...

MM, xx
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Maid-Marion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Bahrain is not quite as liberal as Dubai but at the same time it is still relaxed, so you just need to be sensible.

Comfort wise, light clothes, cotton and linens.

Decency wise just use your commone sense, in public nothing too revealing or offensive. A lighthearted way to address it is to imagine what your average grandmother would think of something on a decency scale, if she would approve you should be good to go.
Cheers, I was advised to buy stuff that cover my shoulders.... ie no shoe string straps? Is this taking it too far or better safe than offensive! he he
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by English Girlie
Hey, i'd go for classic linens!

Something classy with some great accessories!

Remember, designer sunglasses and some great bags!

Karen millen have some great Kaftans with a little sequin detail for a hint of interest!

Classy, elegant and stylish.
The less you show, the more they want to unwrap you!.... my grandma always said!

But hey, what do I know..... sorry! Probably not useful atall!

Have a great time and GOOD LUCK!!
No thanks a lot, all advice is greatly recieved. I have been erring on the side of caution but was waiting till i came out for my sunnies n bags, was told they were cheaper out there?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HannahMW
Hiya, Really, with common sense anything goes here. The main thing to remember is that all internal spaces are chilled to about 21C - much colder than at home in the summer - so bring layers. I didn't think about it till I got here - little cardi's and/or summer jackets are a must! Especially in restaurants - brrr! You will probably find that at least at first you won't be out in the heat much at all.
Thanks, never even thought about air con, but then again Im Scottish so 21 degrees is hotter than our usual summer!! he he
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Estherzue is an unknown quantity at this point

Prepare to get stared at anyways, especially if you're out alone. But it's very rare that someone will actually start talking to you. If you wanna minimise the stares, my experience is that it's not so much the fabric of the clothes but how tight they are Another real eyecandy seems to be hair, I really prefer mine up when I'm out alone, I really get a lot less looked at. Also you might wanna think about long-cut tops from now on Before I left, I bought a lot of long linen dresses with 3/4-sleeves as well as as couple of tunics and I just wear them over jeans. For work I wear suits with either blouse or short sleeve top (no-one can see...) and show no more than collarbones. Nevertheless, do take a couple of sexy tops for home otherwise you start feeling ugly pretty soon, especially if you were used to dressing provocative before

But you'll be surprised that many people couldn't care less. I've seen young ladies with see-through tank tops and hot pants stride by a crew of Pakistanis workers watering plants. Really just depends what you feel comfortable with
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Estherzue
But you'll be surprised that many people couldn't care less. I've seen young ladies with see-through tank tops and hot pants stride by a crew of Pakistanis workers watering plants. Really just depends what you feel comfortable with
Eshterzue, i think that's a key point...i don't think it's much different to walking past a site of builders in the UK, and at least here they don't whistle and shout the stuff that they do back home, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Wardrobe advice?

I prefer a big solid wooden one, although they don't usually have sliding doors, so a fitted one would be better if lack of space is an issue..........
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Estherzue is an unknown quantity at this point

Eshterzue, i think that's a key point...i don't think it's much different to walking past a site of builders in the UK, and at least here they don't whistle and shout the stuff that they do back home, lol...

MM, xx
Ah man, you bring back painful memories Lol, but no, that's true, won't happen here. They just stand, like frozen, and watch you go by. Most of the time I have to concentrate real hard not to burst into fits of laughter. So either they do that or they take to their heels cus they don't wanna be on the same pavement as you are. Someone may suspect something...
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

English Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Dean
Wardrobe advice?

I prefer a big solid wooden one, although they don't usually have sliding doors, so a fitted one would be better if lack of space is an issue..........
Go for full length mirrow doors! Running adjacent to the bed!

....... means when you are lying down, zipping up thoughs skinny jeans you can see how flat your stomach is!! Don't you think girls!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Estherzue
Ah man, you bring back painful memories Lol, but no, that's true, won't happen here. They just stand, like frozen, and watch you go by. Most of the time I have to concentrate real hard not to burst into fits of laughter. So either they do that or they take to their heels cus they don't wanna be on the same pavement as you are. Someone may suspect something...
Thanks your advice is much appreciated, ive stocked up on linens n cottons but will need to buy a few cardigans cos i hadnt thought about air con! Are there any toiletries that I should fill my suitcase with that I will have trouble getting or is really expensive?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

My only word of advice having spent eight years across The Causeway in KSA is ONLY BUY COTTON shirts, vests and pants or you will sweat like a pig. They don't sell TCP here...nor vibrators so I am told...and Marmite is more expensive. Otherwise, most products are available. Head for the Marina Club once you get settled in...very pleasant ambience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.