Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Wanted: Female to 'host' meetup (Riyadh)

Wanted: Female to 'host' meetup (Riyadh)

Old Nov 23rd 2011, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice
Default Wanted: Female to 'host' meetup (Riyadh)

Putting together a few meetups for those around Riyadh outside of compounds. Thought a safe place to start would be the Faisaliyah Mall and the globe cafe. Since I am male I am hoping to find a female to be the point of contact on the day, preferably someone with knowledge and experience of Faisaliyah Mall.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanted: Female to 'host' meetup (Riyadh)

Originally Posted by khitan004
Putting together a few meetups for those around Riyadh outside of compounds. Thought a safe place to start would be the Faisaliyah Mall and the globe cafe. Since I am male I am hoping to find a female to be the point of contact on the day, preferably someone with knowledge and experience of Faisaliyah Mall.
Errm, so you all will be walking around in mixed non married company in Faisaliyah ? Man, the righteous will be having an orgasm.....
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

No it will not be mixed. Just women only. I have heard the Globe Cafe is a good place.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

The mutawa will have a field day , one of the most busiest mall
you could have gone for a nice dining / foos establishment to keep it a low profile.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

I heard the Globe restaurant was free of muttawa. If you have suggestions then please make them, if is all our community.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

I heard the Globe restaurant was free of muttawa. If you have suggestions then please make them, if is all our community.
The mutawwa can go inside any public place. That includes resturaunts and cafes. I have heard of incidents where they have gone inside upmarket resturaunts and busted a few individuals.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Why would they bust a small group of western women?
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Why would they bust a small group of western women?
Oh sorrry. I misunderstood.

You only need to be worried about the Mutawwa if there is gender mixing. Otherwise for women alone there is no issue.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 3:33 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

spazio? its the one on the 77th floor of kingdom tower. definitely no problem there, from personal experience.
and one called le notre in centria mall, have also been there with a woman, no questions asked.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Good idea, the problem is I am not female and so am looking for a woman to be the contact for the day, preferably someone with nouse and know-how of Riyadh. We cannot just say all meet here at this time if all the ladies have never met. I've never been to Spazio or to the Globe cafe.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

rosario will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
spazio? its the one on the 77th floor of kingdom tower. definitely no problem there, from personal experience.
and one called le notre in centria mall, have also been there with a woman, no questions asked.
I take it that the Ladies Villa is no longer there. Used to be in Olaya,
a place where women could meet. Still had to a secret though.
Large groups of women used to be a NO No. Large groups like 6!!
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Dominic82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im keen to get involved but what are you actually trying to organise here?!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Opportunities for men and women, who find themselves isolated from other westerners because of their accommodation, to meet up and network and get 'into' the compound and embassy circle. Since any meet in public would have to be segregated I need a woman to step up and become a 'tour guide' for the day.

Ideally I would like a social gathering within a compound so that we can invite both genders but small steps to start.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

The Globe is in the Faisailah tower and not in the kingdom .
You need to book a table before hand, you cannot just go up to the tower / globe. certain days of the week it is fully booked
They have a one floor its a cigar lounge, the next floor is the restraunt which is superb, pricy but very nice,
The last time i was in there one mutawa walked in with his side kick Mr Pc Plod.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:41 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Rare but not definitely fine - a female friend got into trouble meeting someone there to talk work. Luckily her father was shopping downstairs so she was able to pretend he'd been with her all along and had just popped away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.