Walking in Dubai

Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:05 am
Just Joined

ajhurley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Walking in Dubai

Hello All,

Just a quick question - I'm working towards a move to Dubai, possibly working in Media/Internet City, and was considering living in Dubai Marina.

Looking at the map, I thought it would be quite easy to walk to work (despite the heat, & i don't drive) but have been told this is not possible - is this true?

Is there any location near Internet/Media Cty where I could live and walk to work?

And, finally (!), what is living in Dubai like without a car, and are taxis expensive? (ie - Marina -> Internet City)

Thanks for all of your help,
Andrew
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of
Default Re: Walking in Dubai

Originally Posted by ajhurley
Hello All,

Just a quick question - I'm working towards a move to Dubai, possibly working in Media/Internet City, and was considering living in Dubai Marina.

Looking at the map, I thought it would be quite easy to walk to work (despite the heat, & i don't drive) but have been told this is not possible - is this true?

Is there any location near Internet/Media Cty where I could live and walk to work?

And, finally (!), what is living in Dubai like without a car, and are taxis expensive? (ie - Marina -> Internet City)

Thanks for all of your help,
Andrew

Not easy without a car as local transport is practically non existant, taxi to Internet?media City from Dubai Marina probably around 20 Dhs
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply - is it not possible to walk it though?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply - is it not possible to walk it though?
no, not from the marina...

taxis are dead cheap, if you can get one...

MM, xx
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Okay. Is there a location to live in where you could walk from?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Okay. Is there a location to live in where you could walk from?
I don't think there is especially in the summer months, not been here a full year but I am told even just going outside in June/July Aug is a pain!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Live for now
I don't think there is especially in the summer months, not been here a full year but I am told even just going outside in June/July Aug is a pain!
you've been told wrong...it's fine and you can walk in those month...it's just far too far from the marina to media city...

MM, xx
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:41 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
you've been told wrong...it's fine and you can walk in those month...
MM, xx
Don't you believe it...the humidity would be unbearable.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
Don't you believe it...the humidity would be unbearable.
well i've lived through it for the last 2 years and gone out for a walk every day...so no, it's not unbearable...

MM, xx
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

you've been told wrong...it's fine and you can walk in those month...it's just far too far from the marina to media city...

MM, xx
Well thats good news, thanks,
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:51 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

well i've lived through it for the last 2 years and gone out for a walk every day...so no, it's not unbearable...
MM, xx
I am suitable impressed. As for me, I would much prefer to walk along Blackpool pier on a February morning than Jumeirah Beach Road on a July afternoon.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am suitable impressed. As for me, I would much prefer to walk along Blackpool pier on a February morning than Jumeirah Beach Road on a July afternoon.
each to his own...

MM, xx
Old Apr 6th 2008, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Would you be wearing a kiss-me-quick hat and carrying an inflatable doll at the time?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Would you be wearing a kiss-me-quick hat and carrying an inflatable doll at the time?
And looking at all the floating nappies in the sea? No thanks.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
that's inselaffen, non...?!

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.