Wake Up Call

Old Jun 13th 2008, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wake Up Call

Originally Posted by W10
Because it punishes the poor...its not a tough one. But I guess you think its ok for poor people to suffer more because they weren't lucky enough to have life's advantages...

Anyway, my point was, as we choose not to live in the UK and now don't contribute a single penny to the UK government? why should we expect the UK embassy to jump us and bail us out of trouble?
the poor are not punished. you have a flat rate tax with a threshold below which tax is not paid. then the truely poor are not punished and neither are the successful.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Anyway, my point was, as we choose not to live in the UK and now don't contribute a single penny to the UK government? why should we expect the UK embassy to jump us and bail us out of trouble?
so what about those of us still paying 40% tax to the uk govt...maybe we should get special treatment...

MM, xx
Old Jun 13th 2008, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yep simmons and simmons are good there is also trowers and something and also a friend of mine is a partner of Allen and Overy, Ibrahim Yousef Mubaydeen on 02 418 0400 in AD.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Because it punishes the poor...its not a tough one. But I guess you think its ok for poor people to suffer more because they weren't lucky enough to have life's advantages...

Garbage.... I'm with the Monkey Man on this one. And to make a real difference........... raise the threshhold at which tax paying starts to something meaningful..........

Embassies? What about business visitors to the UAE? Temporarily out of the UK where they pay (almost certainly) 40 pct of their income back to the government............. the embassy is useless for them too.

There is a simple reason for this.......... embassy staff are posted abroad for, say, a three-year secondment...... now do they want to get known as 'troublemakers' by the host country, or is it easier to settle for the quiet life and not rattle too many cages....???

Thankfully there are exceptions - but I know of just one story. When a British passport holder was unjustly detained in a Pakistani jail last year, one of the embassy staff went down there and asked to visit him, to see if he was being well cared for.

"Only one visit a month", she was told.

She went back an hour later, and asked again. Then two hours later, and asked again. The following day, she made FOUR trips down there. The next day she was allowed in.

Three days later he was released without charge.

Sadly this is an exception.

I believe the embassy's obligations should be determined by the name of the country written on the front of the passport, not the individual's domicile or residential status.

Last edited by The Dean; Jun 13th 2008 at 6:21 am. Reason: e
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Garbage.... I'm with the Monkey Man on this one. And to make a real difference........... raise the threshhold at which tax paying starts to something meaningful..........

Embassies? What about business visitors to the UAE? Temporarily out of the UK where they pay (almost certainly) 40 pct of their income back to the government............. the embassy is useless for them too.

There is a simple reason for this.......... embassy staff are posted abroad for, say, a three-year secondment...... now do they want to get known as 'troublemakers' by the host country, or is it easier to settle for the quiet life and not rattle too many cages....???

Thankfully there are exceptions - but I know of just one story. When a British passport holder was unjustly detained in a Pakistani jail last year, one of the embassy staff went down there and asked to visit him, to see if he was being well cared for.

"Only one visit a month", she was told.

She went back an hour later, and asked again. Then two hours later, and asked again. The following day, she made FOUR trips down there. The next day she was allowed in.

Three days later he was released without charge.

Sadly this is an exception.

I believe the embassy's obligations should be determined by the name of the country written on the front of the passport, not the individual's domicile or residential status.

That's the difference Dean.-not the politics but people who go the extra mile.
It can be done -The B. Embassay has been known to exhibit altruistic behaviour.However it is still a lottery -if you encounter a lady as you describe then all good.Come up against an arsehole HEO and it's over.......
Old Jun 15th 2008, 2:32 am
Just Joined

Bu11dog is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope this might help http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/ser...=1055784859535
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:10 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
so what about those of us still paying 40% tax to the uk govt...maybe we should get special treatment...

MM, xx
Well you do get free healthcare and if you can't work you can get enough money to buy food....plus you can vote, speak your mind and won't get arrested for living with someone you're not married to (not yet anyway...)!

N.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:56 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Your advice is dangerous. You should not be advising people to break the law in my view.

Last edited by Eeyore; Jun 24th 2008 at 11:19 am. Reason: quoted deleted post
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
Your advice is dangerous. You should not be advising people to break the law in my view.
absoloutely ! Where is the mod?

Last edited by Eeyore; Jun 24th 2008 at 11:20 am.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light

God, what a horrible situation!
I, for one, wouldn't stop at anything to get my kids out of a situation like that - legal/illegal, moral/immoral.
He needs a damn good kicking to knock some sense into him. How can a Father do that to his kids - animal!!
I wish there was something i could do - if there is, please let me know.
I'm a big guy, used to box a bit.......lol
Only joking, honest!!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light

...and Beardyman, why don't you f@ck off and leave this board. You do nothing but argue with everyone, and add nothing to the community that has been built up here. Sure there are disagreements from time to time, but everyone generally gets on well.
You, however, simply get everyones back up and argue about everything even though you know jackshit about anything.
Just go away - no-one seems to want you here!!
Is it possible to request he's banned?:curse:
Old Jun 24th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistopher
God, what a horrible situation!
I, for one, wouldn't stop at anything to get my kids out of a situation like that - legal/illegal, moral/immoral.
He needs a damn good kicking to knock some sense into him. How can a Father do that to his kids - animal!!
I wish there was something i could do - if there is, please let me know.
I'm a big guy, used to box a bit.......lol
Only joking, honest!!
Hi Twisty,
lol well if you came along to a gathering we could do al poll on the biggest guy on BE, ooh isnt that a thought

Lots of fathers do that to their kids i know of 2 women going through a horrible time right now. Hubbie has cut of the phone, internet, not paying anything for the kids, threatening to throw them out of the house. Disgusting behaviour!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annacarna
Hi Twisty,
lol well if you came along to a gathering we could do al poll on the biggest guy on BE, ooh isnt that a thought

Lots of fathers do that to their kids i know of 2 women going through a horrible time right now. Hubbie has cut of the phone, internet, not paying anything for the kids, threatening to throw them out of the house. Disgusting behaviour!
I'm sure there are 2 sides and all that, but my God how anyone can punish their kids because of their inadequacies as a parent/husband/wife/human being, is beyond me.
AC, you're just a trollop!!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:22 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

ok update is the ONLY way to get out of this situation is to have the children made wards of court in the UK, this order has been served today so hopefully she will be out of here asap oh and for the record the British Embassy STILL won't get involved - unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:26 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Turkishbritish,

I had to delete your post because you were suggesting something that's plainly and simply illegal.

It would also *not* be a quick or easy way of getting round the situation anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.