Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Wadis, wadis everywhere and not a drop to drink...

Wadis, wadis everywhere and not a drop to drink...

Old Mar 8th 2006, 4:49 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wadis, wadis everywhere and not a drop to drink...

Anyone been to any of the folllowing 4 wadis...

Asmiah
Sidr
Sana
Tayyibah

All are near Dibba / Khor Fakkan... looking to add these on to a Wadi Bih trip this weekend. A friends parents are in town and we're doing a grand day trip. We've done wadi bih before, just wanted to add on a bit more...

Anyone any knowledge? Looking for combination of interesting offroad, lush green if possible, some pools... you know.... nice....

Please and thankie.

Auto.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 4:57 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wadis, wadis everywhere and not a drop to drink...

Originally Posted by Autonomy

Asmiah
Sidr
Sana
Tayyibah

All are near Dibba / Khor Fakkan... looking to add these on to a Wadi Bih trip this weekend. A friends parents are in town and we're doing a grand day trip. We've done wadi bih before, just wanted to add on a bit more...

Anyone any knowledge? Looking for combination of interesting offroad, lush green if possible, some pools... you know.... nice....

Please and thankie.

Auto.

Hope you got your omani visas!
Old Mar 8th 2006, 5:13 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Asmiah
Sidr
Sana
Tayyibah

Please and thankie.

Auto.

This is Interesting:

Rocks

Signs

Nasa Reasearch of Rock!
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:33 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Asmiah
Sidr
Sana
Tayyibah

Please and thankie.

Auto.
Just to add to TA5 - you cannot get a visa at the Wadi Bih border crossing at the mo - you have to get one from the Oman embassy before u set off.... been like it for a couple of weeks.... Last weekends Wadi Bih run was shortened to stay in the UAe because of this

TS
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:53 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Just to add to TA5 - you cannot get a visa at the Wadi Bih border crossing at the mo - you have to get one from the Oman embassy before u set off.... been like it for a couple of weeks.... Last weekends Wadi Bih run was shortened to stay in the UAe because of this

TS
TA5 & TS - I fear I've been a bit dim today... I've done Wadi Bih twice in the last couple of months - when you say visas - you really mean it!!! You were stopped even with Oman insurance, UAE residency etc?

Please let me know - bugger - but good call for letting me know. And yes I know was mentioned before by Gareth (I think)...

PS TA5 - and why are you still here? take care where ever you go...
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:55 pm
Powered by cows

Originally Posted by CasaNova
This is Interesting:

Rocks

Signs

Nasa Reasearch of Rock!
I thought you were from Oman originally, or at least your Mum was? You never have anything good to say about it.

You also claim to the be a Metal Priest but have only talked about Robbie Williams and not Megadeth coming to town.

Cheers for your input.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 8:24 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

TA5 & TS - I fear I've been a bit dim today... I've done Wadi Bih twice in the last couple of months - when you say visas - you really mean it!!! You were stopped even with Oman insurance, UAE residency etc?

Please let me know - bugger - but good call for letting me know. And yes I know was mentioned before by Gareth (I think)...

PS TA5 - and why are you still here? take care where ever you go...

I am 100% serious. You need a full on omani visit visa...PRIOR to attempting to enter Wadi Bih. The omani's have decided to close the entrance where you before could pass at the checkpoint. There is no visa facility there either so you must get it prior to going from another omani entry point.

TS - I know, it wasn't so much of a wadi bih relay anymore.

I am no longer in the UAE, but still have a good amount of knowledge to share.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:37 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

This wadi is arguably one of the most gorgeous destinations in Oman. Beyond the breathtaking entrance, the wadi rewards you with views of aquamarine pools, waterfalls and terraced plantations; kingfishers add glorious splashes of colour. For the adventurous, there are plenty of opportunities for (discreet) swimming and a visit to a partially submerged cave.

Early morning departure form your hotel and drive along the beautiful coastline to white sands Fins beach, Bimah sinkhole-limestone crater, then to Wadi Shab/Tiwi, a canyon type valley with flowing water throughout the year. A long walk past the green grass, banana/mango trees and rushes along the narrow winding, old rock paths will bring you to a series of streams and pools. Here you can relax take a nature walk, do some rock climbing or take a dip in the pools. Return to your hotel by evening.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 1:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TA5
Hope you got your omani visas!

Auto, I dont think the visa will be an Issue! If your guests have Dubai Tourists visas then they can enter Oman!

check the article:

Oman Opens Door to Tourism Industry
Old Mar 9th 2006, 2:11 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Auto, I dont think the visa will be an Issue! If your guests have Dubai Tourists visas then they can enter Oman!

check the article:

So take it I will need one then?? Where do I get one of those from??
Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:16 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

check the article:

They still need to get omani visas!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:42 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

I remember going there many, many years ago when it took several hours just to get to this point! Often we'd get to this point and not know if we could get further as you can barely make out the old road which runs across the berm there- it would often be washed out or underwater!
We backtracked several times to the sinkhole which, back then, was relatively undiscovered and you could camp at the bottom after jumping into it from the top- enema city!

Good memories, thanks Casa!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Fairydust
So take it I will need one then?? Where do I get one of those from??

Yes you do, You can just walk into the office at the border check point. If you have read the article, You would see that they have relaxed the procedures and requirements Now you can just need a stamp in you passport thats all!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:49 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you do, You can just walk into the office at the border check point. If you have read the article, You would see that they have relaxed the procedures and requirements Now you can just need a stamp in you passport thats all!

Yes but that article was 4 years old
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:53 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Yes but that article was 4 years old

Don't listen to casanova, he really doesn't know what he is talking about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.