Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

vitamins, face creams - can you buy them?

vitamins, face creams - can you buy them?

Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:40 am
Just Joined

stephie_corin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vitamins, face creams - can you buy them?

Hi,

My husband and I are moving to Dubai in 2 months and I am wondering whether there are health food or vitamin stores in Dubai where you can buy vitamins? Should I bring a supply with me?

Also, (sorry if this is a rediculous question!) can you buy face creams and other beauty supplies in Dubai? I know there is a massive shopping culture there, but I am specifically wondering if you can buy similar things to those that can be found at home.

Thanks in advance,

SC
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vitamins, face creams - can you buy them?

yep, you can get pretty much anything here...we even have boots...

MM, xx
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Thank you
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:01 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephie_corin
Hi,

My husband and I are moving to Dubai in 2 months and I am wondering whether there are health food or vitamin stores in Dubai where you can buy vitamins? Should I bring a supply with me?

Also, (sorry if this is a rediculous question!) can you buy face creams and other beauty supplies in Dubai? I know there is a massive shopping culture there, but I am specifically wondering if you can buy similar things to those that can be found at home.

Thanks in advance,

SC
It amazes me to see that people really know nothing about the place they move to with all the information that is accessible on the internet....
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:09 pm
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
It amazes me to see that people really know nothing about the place they move to with all the information that is accessible on the internet....
Ah, does it really amaze you?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:14 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
Ah, does it really amaze you?
oh maybe not...
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh maybe not...
There used to be a number of things we couldn't get here, but we've either found them... or over time they've shown up in the market.

The only thing I still cant get is Red Twizzlers brand licorice!!
I don't like it, but the fact I can't have it makes me want it!!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

I have a feeling his thread may run and run...
You can't get decent brown bread in a supermarket or bakery. The only good stuff I have found is in the village or the dubliners - the village also let you buy a loaf for 20Dhs, but thats just a rip off. The long haired general tells me the flour is no good for making it either, so we're restricted to mercy packages from Ireland.
What else is still left on the list of things we can't get?
(In 2005 I told my folks that we couldn't get Marmite - they brought over two of the biggest jars i've ever seen on a visit, and bought a tiny jar from the Spinneys round the corner on day one!)
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to those who actually responded to my question.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:11 am
hmmmm...nice

Thanks to those who actually responded to my question.
you are more than welcome...
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe some posters need to remember that there was a time when we all asked questions about places to which we were moving.
Can everyone please try and treat all posters with respect.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:59 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Maybe some posters need to remember that there was a time when we all asked questions about places to which we were moving.
Can everyone please try and treat all posters with respect.
I don't think she was not treated with respect...and she herself called it a ridiculous question...no one else did...and the thread just went on about other things that you can or cannot get here...which is not really going off topic...
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

SC
..and nivea Q10 plus is half the price as it is back home!!!yay!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:14 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Google ..vitamins Dubai ...ooh look ..lots of them ...
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:20 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Google ..vitamins Dubai ...ooh look ..lots of them ...
this one is nice....
http://www.uaeincorp.com/cat/Food%20...ping/Vitamins/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.