Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

vistor has lost passport

vistor has lost passport

Old Aug 12th 2010, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

annl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vistor has lost passport

Has anyone any good advice on what to do. I have a visitor who has just discovered that she has lost her british passport whilst in Dubai. Her and her daughter should be on a flight home tonight but well..........that's not going to happen is it. It looks like she might have to be here for upwards of three weeks...........not sure I can cope ..... so any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vistor has lost passport

Originally Posted by annl
Has anyone any good advice on what to do. I have a visitor who has just discovered that she has lost her british passport whilst in Dubai. Her and her daughter should be on a flight home tonight but well..........that's not going to happen is it. It looks like she might have to be here for upwards of three weeks...........not sure I can cope ..... so any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
I had my passport stolen while on vacation in Spain (along with my hanbag and all contents) She really should have a copy of the passport number, if so, she can still get through the airport. The Spanish authorities were happy to let me through, it was getting through the one's back in the UK that had the issue. I did have the passport number though, so that helped. Good luck
Old Aug 12th 2010, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE by the way
Old Aug 12th 2010, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE.

I think they should contact the nearest British embassy or consulate for an emergency PP. I'm moving your thread over to our Middle East forum...maybe the posters who live in Dubai can help better than I.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Same happened to me in Lagos some years ago.

I went along to the BHC, paid the fee and was issued with a single-use emergency passport to get me out the country and into the UK.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

I think the rules have just recently changed but apart from that it's the weekend and Ramadam. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 4:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think the rules have just recently changed but apart from that it's the weekend and Ramadam. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you have made 3 posts you will be able to use BE's Private Messaging system. PM Dean...if nothing else he will be able to give you the correct advice as the BHC is closed for the holiday.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When you have made 3 posts you will be able to use BE's Private Messaging system. PM Dean...if nothing else he will be able to give you the correct advice as the BHC is closed for the holiday.
Dean? Why?....
Old Aug 12th 2010, 5:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
Dean? Why?....
He's a British Consul and thus will give her the correct advice. I realise he's in the US but he'll point her in the right direction.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
He's a British Consul and thus will give her the correct advice. I realise he's in the US but he'll point her in the right direction.
Sorry doll, I thought you meant The Dean, the sandpit perv, ha ha

Last edited by Grace O Malley; Aug 12th 2010 at 5:54 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:13 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

lol...me too...nearly fell off my chair!!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

I (well, the Austrialina Navy) and those in my party lost my passport several years ago. The British Embassy in Singapore issued us all new replacement passports which lasted 9 months.

In AD they have a full consular section that issue passports, although the rules have, or are about to change (passports produced in Germany). I remember reading the circular and they can issue emergency documentation to get you home if the system has changed already. there is always an embassy official on "duty" but this may not be clalssified as an emergency, so you may have to wait until Sunday.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I went into shock too!!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by MataHari
Old Aug 13th 2010, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your help guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.