Visiting The UK

Old Aug 5th 2020, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting The UK

Just do what you need to do mate like everyone else is .The whole thing is bullshit .
Old Aug 5th 2020, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Millhouse
no where does it say (at least to my knowledge) that it you are self isolating, those in the same house are also required to self isolate.

Well no, but they aren't allowed to see you either.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiraz1
Well no, but they aren't allowed to see you either.
Again, that point is not clear - point me to the rule where that is clarified.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Again, that point is not clear - point me to the rule where that is clarified.

"You should self-isolate in one place for the full 14 days, where you can have food and other necessities delivered, and stay away from others. "

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...avel-to-the-uk
Old Aug 5th 2020, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

no where does it say (at least to my knowledge) that it you are self isolating, those in the same house are also required to self isolate.
How is there room to mis-interpret the term "self-isolate"? Isolate = stay away from others. Self-isolate = stay away from others, with even more emphasis on avoiding contact with anyone else.

If you accept that the purpose of this self-isolation is to avoid accidentally introducing a new source of infection from abroad, then it follows clearly that if you meet someone else during that period, they then should go into self-isolation to stop a possible infection chain. If, on the other hand, you think the whole thing is bullshit and not worth doing, then who cares about the rules around 14 days in the first place?
Old Aug 5th 2020, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
How is there room to mis-interpret the term "self-isolate"? Isolate = stay away from others. Self-isolate = stay away from others, with even more emphasis on avoiding contact with anyone else.

If you accept that the purpose of this self-isolation is to avoid accidentally introducing a new source of infection from abroad, then it follows clearly that if you meet someone else during that period, they then should go into self-isolation to stop a possible infection chain. If, on the other hand, you think the whole thing is bullshit and not worth doing, then who cares about the rules around 14 days in the first place?
I’m following the rules, not reading things into them. I didn’t write the rules and I intend to follow them to the letter.

Self isolation isn’t solitary confinement and it is clear you can isolate with family. I’ll be having two PCR tests in a week - and I do think it’s bullshit.

Old Aug 5th 2020, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

I’m following the rules, not reading things into them. I didn’t write the rules and I intend to follow them to the letter.

Self isolation isn’t solitary confinement and it is clear you can isolate with family. I’ll be having two PCR tests in a week - and I do think it’s bullshit.

"Self isolation isn’t solitary confinement and it is clear you can isolate with family."

Your family won't be self isolating though.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"Self isolation isn’t solitary confinement and it is clear you can isolate with family."

Your family won't be self isolating though.
I didn’t write the rules.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

You're interpreting them as "stay away from others unless you are related to them and then they can carry on as normal" which is clearly wrong.

Given your chances of being caught are almost zero what's the point in that, just admit you're going to break the rules and take your chances.I suspect that's what most people are doing anyway.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're interpreting them as "stay away from others unless you are related to them and then they can carry on as normal" which is clearly wrong.

Given your chances of being caught are almost zero what's the point in that, just admit you're going to break the rules and take your chances.I suspect that's what most people are doing anyway.
I’m not planning on interpreting the rules. I plan on following them. It seems those seeking more extreme measures are doing the interpretation.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 8:15 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not planning on interpreting the rules. I plan on following them. It seems those seeking more extreme measures are doing the interpretation.
Self isolating with family would involve you isolating yourself within a room of the house. That's how it works everywhere else.
Old Aug 6th 2020, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Self isolating with family would involve you isolating yourself within a room of the house. That's how it works everywhere else.
I think you are right.

The rules are now clear that the people you are self isolating with do not need to isolate.
Old Aug 6th 2020, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

If the people you are self-isolating with are not themselves isolating, then you have effectively broken the whole intent of the quarantine. I'm curious why you care about following the rules in the first place and don't just do a Cummings.
Old Aug 6th 2020, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by csdf
If the people you are self-isolating with are not themselves isolating, then you have effectively broken the whole intent of the quarantine. I'm curious why you care about following the rules in the first place and don't just do a Cummings.
I follow rules.
Old Aug 6th 2020, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Stop picking on Millhouse, He has been so isolated for so long he has forgotten how to fight back. Dear Millhouse prior to this debacle your pat response would have been 'screw you" I hope to see you back fighting fit and well after a break.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.