Reload this Page >

Visiting on the 26/11

Visiting on the 26/11

Old Oct 20th 2003, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Sean Baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Visiting on the 26/11

Hi,

I am coming out to Dubai for the first time on the 26/11 to support my partner who is starting her new job with United Emirates Airlines.
I intend to move out for good in due course, so you could say this is a pathfinding exercise for me. I wish to use the time to find out as much as I can about the Country and it's culture along with the cost of living and job opportunites for myself.
I have already posted a thread on this site before and found the response excellent and have gathered a fair amount of information from that, however I feel I can only get a true feeling from visiting.
Not knowing the Country or City at all I would ask that if anyone could advise me on the best place to stay (reasonably priced) that would be close by to the Emirates training center, I would be much obliged.

Thanks for your time.:PARTY:
Old Oct 20th 2003, 10:33 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting on the 26/11

Originally posted by Sean Baker
Hi,

I am coming out to Dubai for the first time on the 26/11 to support my partner who is starting her new job with United Emirates Airlines.
I intend to move out for good in due course, so you could say this is a pathfinding exercise for me. I wish to use the time to find out as much as I can about the Country and it's culture along with the cost of living and job opportunites for myself.
I have already posted a thread on this site before and found the response excellent and have gathered a fair amount of information from that, however I feel I can only get a true feeling from visiting.
Not knowing the Country or City at all I would ask that if anyone could advise me on the best place to stay (reasonably priced) that would be close by to the Emirates training center, I would be much obliged.

Thanks for your time.:PARTY:

Hi Sean,

I'll bet your very excited. I wont be excited about moving until touch down!

Emirates Training Centre is in Al Garhoud, a stone throw from the airport, and about 1/2 hour from Diera City Centre where you will find everything you need, including a Next!

Ok, there are two sites - [email protected] but this one has more to offer http://www.hello-dubai.com/services2.htm

There is a list of Government offices and numbers, Hospitals and clinics, Internet Cafe, Good Food, Hotels in Dubai and tips and facts.

I dont think that they do a bed and breakfast thing like we have over here, they have self catering apartments (Which we are in curtisy of hubbys employers) they clean your room daily but you do your own washing and ironing - These apartments come with everything that you would expect at home.

Century Village is another shopping center even closer to you, but has only just opened so it is stll expanding.

One thing you must get is a Dubai explorer, you will always know where you are with it, I use it every time I need to find some thing or go somewhere.

You can get this book for Dhs65 which is about 11.20 the currency is 17p per 1Dhs there are many book shops around but I have found MaGrudys to be top notch.

Good Luck Sean hope all this helps, if you need to know anything else then PM is you want,it would be quicker.

Regards
Michelle