Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa status of wife & kid

Visa status of wife & kid

Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice
Default Visa status of wife & kid

Offered a job (single status) in Dubai and should be arriving soon.

I'm a Brit, the wife and kid hold Malaysia passports and I'm planning to bring them along. Company will sponsor me for RP, the question is can I get dependant status for my family on the strength of my RP? I don't want them to do the visa run bit.

Any feedback gratefully received.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:11 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa status of wife & kid

As far as I am aware, so long as you have a Marriage Certificate for the wife and a Birth Certificate for the kid showing you as the father, you can sponsor them yourselves. Their nationality should not be relevent although a British Embassy certification of the MC may be necessary if you married abroad.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice
Default Re: Visa status of wife & kid

Originally Posted by lionheart
As far as I am aware, so long as you have a Marriage Certificate for the wife and a Birth Certificate for the kid showing you as the father, you can sponsor them yourselves. Their nationality should not be relevent although a British Embassy certification of the MC may be necessary if you married abroad.
Thanks, that's very helpful. I have all the docs, I'll look at getting Brit Emb certification.