British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Visa Runs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/visa-runs-683904/)

Spugsy Sep 3rd 2010 9:49 am

Visa Runs

Done 2 now, any idea if there is a limit I can do? Someone mentioned 3 then you have to do a fly out one.

Any ideas?

Grace O Malley Sep 3rd 2010 9:54 am

Re: Visa Runs

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8823072)
Done 2 now, any idea if there is a limit I can do? Someone mentioned 3 then you have to do a fly out one.

Any ideas?

I thought they had scrapped that, PM Banter she will know....

rowell Sep 3rd 2010 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8823072)

Any ideas?

Almost certain there is no limit Spugsy

busybee2 Sep 3rd 2010 1:55 pm

there is no limit on the border runs, only if you extend via immigration, you are only allow to extend once in immigration.

banter64 Sep 3rd 2010 3:37 pm

No limit at all to the number that you can do via immigration they have limited it to one as the impact on the work load ( I know) was huge.

busybee2 Sep 3rd 2010 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by banter64 (Post 8823800)
No limit at all to the number that you can do via immigration they have limited it to one as the impact on the work load ( I know) was huge.

r righto thought it was limited to 1, of course, certain depts are "so" overworked. lol

Spugsy Sep 3rd 2010 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8823544)
there is no limit on the border runs, only if you extend via immigration, you are only allow to extend once in immigration.

as in flying?

So I can keep doing the hatta run as much as I like?

Ta.

Eva Sep 3rd 2010 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8824248)
r righto thought it was limited to 1, of course, certain depts are "so" overworked. lol

I thought this too in AD that one can only apply via Nationallity and Residence Department on 19th and pay 500 AED to extend after 30 days(between grace period of 10 but within 5 really) for another 30 days.
After that,if one's Residence Visa is not granted then one has to fly out...
or drive via Hatta...............

In fact, I know this to be the case cos I know of one woman in our Office whose husband did it.

busybee2 Sep 4th 2010 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 8824618)
I thought this too in AD that one can only apply via Nationallity and Residence Department on 19th and pay 500 AED to extend after 30 days(between grace period of 10 but within 5 really) for another 30 days.
After that,if one's Residence Visa is not granted then one has to fly out...
or drive via Hatta...............

In fact, I know this to be the case cos I know of one woman in our Office whose husband did it.

maybe its only applicable to dxb?

banter64 Sep 4th 2010 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8824248)

just to clarify as now when I read it what I wrote does not seem clear

Visa extension limited to one via immigration dept

No limit on number of Hatta, Oman, runs at all or by flying in and out via bahrain etc.

busybee2 Sep 4th 2010 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by banter64 (Post 8826165)

No limit on number of Hatta, Oman, runs at all or by flying in and out via bahrain etc.

r thats what i said all along, yes immigration only 1, hatta (border crossing etc) as many as you like.

banter64 Sep 4th 2010 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8826219)
r thats what i said all along, yes immigration only 1, hatta (border crossing etc) as many as you like.

lol my brain is not functioning well with it being ramadan :ohmy:

Spugsy Sep 4th 2010 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by banter64 (Post 8826165)

thats great news indeed.

Roadking Sep 4th 2010 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8826219)

WTF is it with the "r"???

busybee2 Sep 4th 2010 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8826387)
WTF is it with the "r"???

i'll explain r if you want to explain your abbreviations? at least mine is a nice word.:blink: