British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Visa Run this weekend (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/visa-run-weekend-550912/)

andyjock Jul 24th 2008 7:47 am

Visa Run this weekend

I am flying out of Abu Dhabi to Bahrain and back tomorrow to get my visit visa renewed. whats the process at the Bahrain end is it off the plane through immigration then back to the check in desk and check-in on the return flight?

jvr20 Jul 24th 2008 7:51 am

Re: Visa Run this weekend

Originally Posted by andyjock (Post 6604669)
I am flying out of Abu Dhabi to Bahrain and back tomorrow to get my visit visa renewed. whats the process at the Bahrain end is it off the plane through immigration then back to the check in desk and check-in on the return flight?

why not check in online for both boarding passes... you may not even have to clear immigration (which will cost you the grand sum of 3 Bahraini dinars IIRC)... just go to the transfer desk.

In fact even if you don't have the return boarding pass you could probably go to the transfer desk at BAH to get one!

busybee2 Jul 24th 2008 7:51 am

just as well its this weekend, as next week it will be fun......................

andyjock Jul 24th 2008 7:55 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 6604683)
just as well its this weekend, as next week it will be fun......................

work are sending me this weekend because of all the issues that are going to be going on next weekend annoying thing is i am due my residence visa any day but apparently the process has slowed right down because they are trying to get ready for the changes in the rules!

twinkle-star Jul 24th 2008 8:06 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 6604683)

Ok what have i missed now?:confused:

busybee2 Jul 24th 2008 8:29 am

you know, visa rules changes, labour laws changing and this is just before a major influx of new people........ good time to be changing the rules, as we know how it works here when that happens, very slowly.

TGFKASE Jul 24th 2008 8:33 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 6604796)
you know, visa rules changes, labour laws changing and this is just before a major influx of new people........ good time to be changing the rules, as we know how it works here when that happens, very slowly.

Which means noone will know whether it actually affects them yet until they arrive and get a nasty surprise!!!

busybee2 Jul 24th 2008 9:17 am

yep but best be forewarned just in case. Be Prepared......

twinkle-star Jul 24th 2008 9:20 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 6604804)
Which means noone will know whether it actually affects them yet until they arrive and get a nasty surprise!!!

Thats what they said about the salik toll....and look what a nasty surprise everyone got then......:frown: