Visa Run Query

Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:33 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Visa Run Query

Can I still do a visa run by car to Oman, preferably the Mussandam border post in RAK? And can I pay the visa charge for getting in to Oman at the border?

Or is the Hatta Road border post (ar Al Ain in fact) better?

Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2008, 10:44 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Run Query

Because the new visa rules are so complicated and seem to mean different things to different people (ie.media, govt spokesmen, us guys etc.) you may find that few people here want to commit themselves to giving advice.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 1:19 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

That was why I wanted to know if anyone had any recent experience of the border controls.

Guess I'll just have to have a go..
Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Lionheart is right - I nearly replied and then stopped, but as you're intending to go anyway this is what I believe:
If you are British you will have no problems at any of the borders - you just pay the fee and that's it. I recently crossed at Musandam with various nationalities on visit visas (incl Brits) and there were no issues whatsoever.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:00 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Update and fyi
I needed to leave because I've changed jobs and my residency was cancelled.
I eventually went up to Hatta, got my exit stamp, drove to the Oman immigration site about 10k further on, paid my 60Dhs for my visa, (park up and go to the counters inside) I then walked to the window outside to get my exit stamp, then drove back to Hatta, and got a 60 day visit visa on arrival. All in all it took maybe an hour, a few simple words of welcome spoken in dodgy Arabic helps, but all the officials were great, no problems at all.

Incidently my car didn't have Oman insurance but as I wasn't offiially entering the country, it didn't matter.

Easy and job sorted.