Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa Run but in reverse

Visa Run but in reverse

Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:18 am
Marching on Together

justin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nice
Default Visa Run but in reverse

Hi All,

I notice that a lot of you in Dubai or the UAE, do visa runs, where you travel down to Oman, sit around in the heat for a few hours, then return back into UAE on a new visa.

Firstly, can we do this in reverse. What it is, is that my wife is on a Unemployment visa here in Oman, but has successfully got a job in one of the schools as a teaching assistant. Now I am aware that the school will have to arrange her new visa, but is it as simple as us doing the reverse, driving up to the border to sit in the UAE for a couple of hours, and then my wife comes back in on her new employment visa. Or is it that she will have to fly into the country.

I know this has probably been answered before, but all i am able to find is for thise of you in the UAE, and it tends to be more of the renewing of Visit Visas.

Any help or guidance that one of you lovely people may offer would be great!!!!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Run but in reverse

is your wife not on your visa?? must be different in Oman. Technically I would say yes she can do that. At the end of the day she will be exiting Oman and entering the UAE. Maybe you should make a weekend of it
Old Nov 13th 2007, 3:08 am
Marching on Together

justin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
is your wife not on your visa?? must be different in Oman. Technically I would say yes she can do that. At the end of the day she will be exiting Oman and entering the UAE. Maybe you should make a weekend of it
Yes she is on my visa, but it is an unemployemnet one, so she needs to cancel that one and get the employment one from the school.

You just never know, might visit Dubai for a weekend soon, what with the festive season soon upon us.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justin riseborough
Yes she is on my visa, but it is an unemployemnet one, so she needs to cancel that one and get the employment one from the school.

You just never know, might visit Dubai for a weekend soon, what with the festive season soon upon us.
it may be different in Oman but in Dubai you normally have to leave to change visa but can pay a few Dirhams to have it done without leaving the country.