Visa Run

Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:34 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa Run

Is the visa run definitely finished for everyone, I seem to recollect Blue Cat saying in an earlier thread but cannot find it now that some nationalities including the UK could still do it.My understanding is that you need to fly back to your own country.

Does anyone know how long resident visas are taking to come through these days, mine was sorted in about 3 weeks with medical and work permit as well.

My friends company applied for theirs (or so they say) 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing, although it seems for some reason they are relying on the post!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:50 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Run

"Despite all the bollocks in the media, local visa runs via Kish and Oman are evidently continuing (according to gulfnews.com) which accords with what a senior Immigration Dept official said on City7 News a few weeks back, namely that your visa can be renewed at the country of your choice rather than only at your home country. What a load of donuts the bureaucrats are over here, telling the media that everything had changed."

Just found the above post by Lionheart on Aug 14th, I am back in the Uk next week but understand they will attempt a visa run on Fri/Sat so will keep you posted.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

visas depend on the efficiency of the company doing it, some will take 3 weeks some longer depends on the PRO. Visa runs do still exist, please read post on EWDXB or ADW I will repost it here later.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by busybee2
visas depend on the efficiency of the company doing it, some will take 3 weeks some longer depends on the PRO. Visa runs do still exist, please read post on EWDXB or ADW I will repost it here later.
Thanks for that BB will search the post
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by rowell
Thanks for that BB will search the post
Unless I am doing the search wrong it brings me back to this thread!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

no on a different website, abudhabiwoman.com or expatwoman.com i will get it again and paste it up in a mo.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Message from the British Embassy:

It would appear that the glitches and gremlins with Locate, the new on-line registration system, have finally been ironed out (fingers firmly crossed). We now have over 3,500 people registered in the Abu Dhabi Emirate, which is substantially more than last year. However, we understand from the UAE Department of Immigration and Naturalisation that there are over 12,000 British Nationals resident in the Emirate. We would therefore be grateful if you could continue to recommend to any Brits who have just arrived, or have not had the time to register, to register on line with us.

We have been receiving many queries about the new visa rules that were introduced on 29th July. The Department of Immigration have told us that these new rules will not have much effect on British nationals. British nationals entering on a visit visa will receive a free 30-day stamp on arrival that can be extended at the Department of Immigration for another 30 days. Visa runs are still possible but the Immigration officials did warn us that if they suspect that someone is living and working in the UAE on a visit visa, they may be refused re-entry at the border. If there are any changes, we will update our travel advice.

The Consular page of our website, www.britishembassy.gov.uk/uae, contains information leaflets on topics such as getting married in Abu Dhabi, the alcohol law in Abu Dhabi and bringing medication into the UAE. When our new website is launched, hopefully on the 26th August, there will also be information on what to do if you lose your passport in Abu Dhabi and information on the Holy Month of Ramadan, which may be of interest to new arrivals.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Rowell, there are several threads on this topic. type in "visa rules uae" and tehy will pop up. here is one I started with a guide to the ruels published in a local newspaper:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...visa+rules+UAE

the rules do change however (often with no notice or annoucement), so best to check direct with federal immigration dept.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by weescot
Rowell, there are several threads on this topic. type in "visa rules uae" and tehy will pop up. here is one I started with a guide to the ruels published in a local newspaper:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...visa+rules+UAE

the rules do change however (often with no notice or annoucement), so best to check direct with federal immigration dept.
Thanks a lot, I think they are just going to give it a try on Fri/sat their visit visa runs out on 26 August, so might just save them the cost of a flight