Visa Run!!!

Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:08 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Run!!!

[QUOTE=mmm...;4480515]
Originally Posted by littlejimmy
whole rental car / insurance thing QUOTE]

Ive got a rental car, and i guess im only insured in the UAE, what do l have to do in this case?
Ask your rental company & they'll provide you with the relevant paper. If I recall correctly there was a charge, something in the region of Dhs 100. (Sorry can't remember exactly but I've tried to erase the whole horrid day!)
Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:47 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Meow;4480547]
Originally Posted by mmm...

Ask your rental company & they'll provide you with the relevant paper. If I recall correctly there was a charge, something in the region of Dhs 100. (Sorry can't remember exactly but I've tried to erase the whole horrid day!)
I had a nightmare with Hertz. They sold me the insurance, then told me I couldn't drive in Oman on a UK licence (hadn't got my UAE one yet, obviously). As it was, we bought insurance at the border (at customs - on the OTHER side of the road - go figure) and just drove straight back into the UAE anyway.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

mmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nicemmm... is just really nice

[QUOTE=littlejimmy;4481055]
Originally Posted by Meow
I had a nightmare with Hertz. They sold me the insurance, then told me I couldn't drive in Oman on a UK licence (hadn't got my UAE one yet, obviously). As it was, we bought insurance at the border (at customs - on the OTHER side of the road - go figure) and just drove straight back into the UAE anyway.
Sounds like a bloody headache, what a stupid system though.

Why would they have such a system where they know there is a loophole around their immigation issues!!!

I doubt its just a way to add numbers to Oman's Tourism Stats!!!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Hi

My visit visa is very close to expiring, and somebody suggested a visa run is the common thing done. I looked on Wiki but couldnt find anything about visa run, just the 500 AED extension for another 30 days.

I have been told a few things, quiche, which i liked the sound of with a bit of ketchup, and a trip to Oman. But if there is one thing l have learnt here is that to be very careful of what ppl tell you, as with some it is often a load of BS. So if anyone has any info that could help, or has done it themselves, thus would be very helpful. And is there a penalty for overstay?

Plus, a change of subject i know, does anyone have spare ticket or two for the Russell Peters Show at the Crowne Plaza. SOLD OUT . For those who do not know about Russell Peters and like a good lauf check out the link below.

http://skattertech.com/2005/03/russell-peters-video/

And thx in advance for any info on the visa run

I would honestly just fly to Doha it is so easy and flights are cheap, book a return flight to Dubai for an hour or so after you land. You don't have to leave the airport or anything in Doha they have a special channel for 'visa change' you go from arrivals straight to departures have a coffee and get back onto the plane
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Meow;4480547]

Really? I am with Hertz, have a UK licence & didn't have a problem.

Seems to me that the answer you get depends on the person you speak to sometimes.

Looks as if a flight to Doha is just as quick as drive to Hatta, although if you can you the Hatta trip you can make a day of it & have lunch at the Hatta Fort Hotel. You also get to drive through an odd, almost deserted town where there are never any women on the streets - it's called Al Madam
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:38 am
W10

Originally Posted by kbryant
I would honestly just fly to Doha it is so easy and flights are cheap, book a return flight to Dubai for an hour or so after you land. You don't have to leave the airport or anything in Doha they have a special channel for 'visa change' you go from arrivals straight to departures have a coffee and get back onto the plane
I'm looking to go to Doha for a golfing weekend soon...all the flights are bloody expensive! Any tips on where to find the cheaper ones?

Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:45 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I'm looking to go to Doha for a golfing weekend soon...all the flights are bloody expensive! Any tips on where to find the cheaper ones?
Al Jazeera were doing filghts one way for 60 aed
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:48 am
W10

I thought they were only flying to Bahrain?

Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:51 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I thought they were only flying to Bahrain?
Could be I'm not sure but i thought i saw an ad for qatar. maybe not.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by W10
Booked it through work travel agent at the time but don't remember it being much more than AED 1000.00 and that was with Emirates.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:57 am
W10

I don't consider 130 quid cheap for a 45 minute flight.

I looked at Air Arabia - Dh600 but their flight times are a bitch

Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:05 am
Get Up Offa That Thing

fazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nice
Exclamation Re: Visa Run!!!

I didnt want to create a new thread but I find myself needing to renew my visit visa and urgently Unfortunately, I dont have personal transport and hiring will be out of the question. Anyone know of anyone who will be willing to drive me out to the middle of nowhere (for a small fee of course :P ).
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:12 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fazzo
I didnt want to create a new thread but I find myself needing to renew my visit visa and urgently Unfortunately, I dont have personal transport and hiring will be out of the question. Anyone know of anyone who will be willing to drive me out to the middle of nowhere (for a small fee of course :P ).
I'd put up a new thread if I were you...it's for free you know
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:56 am
Get Up Offa That Thing

fazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nice

theres always a catch with free stuff

decided to fly to Doha. will make a weekend out of it too
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:57 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fazzo
theres always a catch with free stuff

decided to fly to Doha. will make a weekend out of it too
lol...good for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.