Visa requirements

Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

IndigoGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa requirements

Hi everyone.

Can someone please give me some advice on how to get a visa so that I can join my husband in the UAE. He was told that we need to get our marriage certificate attested however that is proving to be impossible as we were married in a country that doesn't exist anymore and as we don't have our original certificate the embassy won't accept what we have. It has been suggested that we get remarried in the UAE however this is proving impossible as well As we both need a residency visa to get married there. What was supposed to be a new chapter in our life is turning into an absolute nightmare but I am hoping someone out there may be able to give us some advice other than to read through the forum to see what has been posted previously. Time is of the essence right now and some advice would be very gratefully received.

Thank you
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: Visa requirements

Originally Posted by IndigoGirl
Hi everyone.

Can someone please give me some advice on how to get a visa so that I can join my husband in the UAE. He was told that we need to get our marriage certificate attested however that is proving to be impossible as we were married in a country that doesn't exist anymore and as we don't have our original certificate the embassy won't accept what we have. It has been suggested that we get remarried in the UAE however this is proving impossible as well As we both need a residency visa to get married there. What was supposed to be a new chapter in our life is turning into an absolute nightmare but I am hoping someone out there may be able to give us some advice other than to read through the forum to see what has been posted previously. Time is of the essence right now and some advice would be very gratefully received.

Thank you
Could you go to a registry office in UK and get married again ? might be the easiest/quickest way to get a valid certificate
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:12 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Go to Vegas and get re-married?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

IndigoGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

We will do anything - but then next question if you get remarried do you have to be divorced first?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by IndigoGirl
We will do anything - but then next question if you get remarried do you have to be divorced first?
If you can't prove you're currently married, then I doubt there would be any problem getting married to the same person again.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:21 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mogs
If you can't prove you're currently married, then I doubt there would be any problem getting married to the same person again.
^^^^^^^

What Mogs said.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:26 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mogs
Could you go to a registry office in UK and get married again ? might be the easiest/quickest way to get a valid certificate
Friends of mine did this and all was plain sailing afterwards. There is no need to get divorced first if you are remarrying the same person!