Reload this Page >

Visa questions (UAE)

Visa questions (UAE)

Old May 1st 2010, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

azeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa questions (UAE)

Hey guys, quick question about visas

I have to do a visa run in the next few days, where is the best place to go for this, was thinking of driving to hatta, or is there somewhere else closer to do it?
(i was also told im not allowed to cross the border in my rental car, as they will claim im trying to steal it or something, so what the heck do i do when i get to the border?)

I herd its possible to do it within dubai at the airports or something, can somone shed some light on this for me?

Also am I allowed to do another visa run within 30 days? or must I obtain a residency visa by then?
whcih leads me to my last final question, does anyone know of any company's supplying freelance visas for cheap?
Old May 2nd 2010, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice
Default Re: Visa questions (UAE)

you need oman insurance cover to cross border - may be this is the problem with the hire company - don't know as we crossed in our own car.

The laws keep changing with the visa regulations - you are actually supposed to have visa before you starting working - they were cracking down on this a few months ago. Go back and get you company to hurry it up - My advice
Old May 2nd 2010, 5:19 am
Just Joined

I am not currently working, nor do i have a job planned.
i was looking into getting a freelancer visa tho.
Old May 18th 2010, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

vastmassive is an unknown quantity at this point

you can go to the immigration department in Dubai (next to Trade centre) to extend it for a further 30 days ( plus 10 day grace period) however you are only able to do this once. If you go to the hatta post you will not actually travel into oman so you can take anything you want in terms of Vehicle.
Old May 18th 2010, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vastmassive
you can go to the immigration department in Dubai (next to Trade centre) to extend it for a further 30 days ( plus 10 day grace period) however you are only able to do this once. If you go to the hatta post you will not actually travel into oman so you can take anything you want in terms of Vehicle.
I ended up going to the Immigration department in Dubai, but why can i only do this once? some people have told me i can do this unlimited amounts of times?

am i allowed to travel to hatta and renew it?
Old May 18th 2010, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

if you have a hired car, you'll need to get a no objection letter from the hire company and oman insurance and then you should be fine in terms of taking the vehicle across the boader....it's what I did when i had a hired car.
Old May 25th 2010, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Daisy92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vastmassive
Sorry if this is a dumb question but is going to the immigration department the same as doing a visa run withough having to go all the way to Oman.

Does it cost any more by going to the immigration department??

I am asking for my husband as he is doing a visa run tomorow as his visa is getting sorted by his company. I apologies if the questions I have asked are not relevant or make no sense I will admit I don't really know what I'm talking about but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks
Old May 26th 2010, 4:18 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Daisy92
Sorry if this is a dumb question but is going to the immigration department the same as doing a visa run withough having to go all the way to Oman.

Does it cost any more by going to the immigration department??

I am asking for my husband as he is doing a visa run tomorow as his visa is getting sorted by his company. I apologies if the questions I have asked are not relevant or make no sense I will admit I don't really know what I'm talking about but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks
It costs Dhs500 I believe to extend your visa at the Immigration Office but you can only do this once.