Visa query

Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

katett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nice
Default Visa query

Hi there,

My partner is moving over to Dubai for new job very soon which organises his Visa for him etc.
The problem is, i really want to come over too but we aint married...and many of the jobs i have been looking at seem to prefer women on husbands Visa or relatives Visa....this may be because i have been looking on Expat womens site etc...

Why do many companies not want to sponsor? It is very costly? Or is there another reason??

As i have mentioned before on here, i have specific skills as have worked in Fundraising/PR in the Charity sector for many years so there arent too many jobs around for me....and my partner wont be earning quite enough to keep me...i mean us Anyway, i couldnt stay at home all day....

Of course we could get married (we are enagaged) but i dont want to rush the bid day for the sake of it!

Any hints as to how to address the issue of visas with companies who dont offer them??

Thanks a million
Old Nov 21st 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa query

Originally Posted by katett
Hi there,

My partner is moving over to Dubai for new job very soon which organises his Visa for him etc.
The problem is, i really want to come over too but we aint married...and many of the jobs i have been looking at seem to prefer women on husbands Visa or relatives Visa....this may be because i have been looking on Expat womens site etc...

Why do many companies not want to sponsor? It is very costly? Or is there another reason??

As i have mentioned before on here, i have specific skills as have worked in Fundraising/PR in the Charity sector for many years so there arent too many jobs around for me....and my partner wont be earning quite enough to keep me...i mean us Anyway, i couldnt stay at home all day....

Of course we could get married (we are enagaged) but i dont want to rush the bid day for the sake of it!

Any hints as to how to address the issue of visas with companies who dont offer them??

Thanks a million
Hi ya

Yes costs and the hassle, its much easier to employ on husbands visa.

Trying to find work in Fundraising might be difficult.

What else could you do?

There are always lots of secretarial /PA Jobs around with OK salaries, its not ideal but at least this will sort out the visa issues and you will have another income Teaching Assistant? There are lots of options, dont panic, you will always find something

Don't get married just for the sake of getting a residence visa.

Come over with your boyfriend and see what happens

Good luck

AC
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

pafrrak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I came over with my fiance and have met a lot of people who work out here without visas and do the hatta run. They go to the border get their passport stamped and it gives them another 60 days. They do this until they can get the visa. Bit of a pain. Someone might have more info as I am still new to the ways of Dubia life.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:25 am
Just Joined

katett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nice

Thanks for your responses!

Annacarna-thanks for the advice. I am looking at PR/Marketing/PA stuff too and am confident will get something as got good degree and experience

Does anyone know what TA's get paid in UAE?
Old Nov 25th 2007, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

JMRF is a jewel in the roughJMRF is a jewel in the roughJMRF is a jewel in the roughJMRF is a jewel in the roughJMRF is a jewel in the rough

A visit visa will give you plenty time to find a job. As a UK national you get 60 days on entry, which you can extend for a further 30 days at the Immigration Dept for 500 dirhams. So you only need to leave the country every three months to change your visa (900 dirhams for a visa change flight to Oman - there and back in six hours or so). You are allowed to do this four times officially - which would give you a year's stay with no problem. I have a residence visa - but I have UK friends who've been here for years without one. Really hate to say it - but a white face doesn't prompt as many questions at immigration as a black or yellow one!

Originally Posted by katett
Thanks for your responses!

Annacarna-thanks for the advice. I am looking at PR/Marketing/PA stuff too and am confident will get something as got good degree and experience

Does anyone know what TA's get paid in UAE?