Visa for partner?

Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Tarkers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa for partner?

Originally Posted by lionheart
Do you mean Dubai Airport or the new Jebel Ali one? If the former then look no further than Mirdif, Garhoud, Rashidya...
I'm working on the Salahuddin Road, near the Dubai airport. Will the commute from the Jumierah area be impossible in the mornings?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tarkers
I'm working on the Salahuddin Road, near the Dubai airport. Will the commute from the Jumierah area be impossible in the mornings?
From my experience you'll be going against most of the traffic as that comes from Sharjah towards Jebel Ali so shouldn't be a problem.

Although, I only ever drive after 8:30am as I can organise my own meeting times so my experience may not be relevant to your situation and shouldn't be taken as a basis for renting in Jumeriah...

Thought I'd put that caveat there in case Meow tells me off.....
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks RichieD,
That was the impression I had about the traffic flow. Don't worry, I wont hold it against ya if I do end up in the Jumierah area and it takes me 3hrs to get to work one morning after 8.30!!

What's everyone call on the time the traffic starts to snarl in the mornings? Is there a time when its generally all fine, then like RichieD says, after 8.30 its a carpark?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks RichieD,
That was the impression I had about the traffic flow. Don't worry, I wont hold it against ya if I do end up in the Jumierah area and it takes me 3hrs to get to work one morning after 8.30!!

What's everyone call on the time the traffic starts to snarl in the mornings? Is there a time when its generally all fine, then like RichieD says, after 8.30 its a carpark?
you wont have any problems going in that direction! I used to drive from Mankool to Deira everyday and it was fine unless there was an accident (which wasnt unusual). All the traffic is going in the opposite direction but don't feel sorry for those drivers because they pay half the rent we do in Dubai!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:34 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RitchieD
Can't you just call your partner your "wife" in public, get her to wear any old ring (or engagement ring even!), and just say she hasn't changed her name on her passport yet and you've forgotten you marriage certificate if anyone asks??

Maybe not for immigration but if your landlord / neighbour asks you could fob them off surely?
Believe me.. no-one cares, the Landlords just rent out to one person..if you have a live in partner, then its accepted. As long as you stick to the rules and regs of the building/complex.. no-one ever asks questions.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
you wont have any problems going in that direction! I used to drive from Mankool to Deira everyday and it was fine unless there was an accident (which wasnt unusual). All the traffic is going in the opposite direction but don't feel sorry for those drivers because they pay half the rent we do in Dubai!
but commensurately less living allowance - Ritchie mentioned a living allownance of 130k, that's approaching my basic!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 2:49 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
but commensurately less living allowance - Ritchie mentioned a living allownance of 130k, that's approaching my basic!
130 for housing allowance out here for a single male is very good
Old Oct 12th 2007, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
he might not have wanted that spread all over the bored!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:27 am
Just Joined

katett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nice

Hiya,

I am also moving to Dubai with my partner and have found this website useful for jobs....maybe would be of use for your partner, there is even a salon job on it!

http://www.expatwoman.com/monthly_jobs.php

Quite a lot of the jobs say you need a visa already though... but its worth a look

Good luck with the search
Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:34 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You previously said you might wanna live at Arabian Ranches, hence my enquiry. Jumeirah and the Ranches are miles apart. Why not live on the airport side of the creek...you have the Irish Village, Dubai Festival City, Deira City Centre and plenty of nice hotels/restaurants?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Lionheart,
Good point, I suppose because at the moment my search is being driven by websearch's whilst I'm in the UK at the moment, I've been drawn to the "hotspots" of the ranches and Jumierah, on the housing sites I'm looking at, there doesn't seem to be much advertised on the airport side of the creek.

This will obviously change once I'm there, word of mouth and feet on the ground are probably a much better way of finding somewhere I like rather than photos taken by someone who's trying to rent the you the place.

I have heard Mirdif is quite nice though, but again, I'm struggling to find many apartments or villas advertised.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:01 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

On the original topic, how do you do the 30-day extension? Just go to the airport with the application form and copies of the passport photo page?

Would like to put off the other half's visa run to Oman until I own a car...
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:10 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Alternatively get a job where the company provide the resident visa?
Or just get married before you get here, and then you can sponsor her. If she's willing to uproot and move to Dubai with you, presumably you're pretty serious?

does anyone know the specific date when the rental rules are changing in January
There are no specific dates for that sort of thing out here. It'll just be announced one day.

Originally Posted by beebee
Believe me.. no-one cares, the Landlords just rent out to one person..if you have a live in partner, then its accepted. As long as you stick to the rules and regs of the building/complex.. no-one ever asks questions
Depends on the colour of your skin, of course. Filipino couples get deported for co-habiting all the time.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
Depends on the colour of your skin, of course. Filipino couples get deported for co-habiting all the time.
Hmm. Subtle
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:57 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

I'd hardly call Dubai's institutionalised racism "subtle".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.