Visa for partner?

Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for partner?

Originally Posted by RitchieD
I've had that pass for the last month and look where that has got me!
in a luxury hotel by the beach

it has been during ramadan though!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkers
Thanks all for the responses, like you say I'll check once I get my feet on the ground over there, but we think its a max 3x60 day visas, then she has to be away for a month before starting the cycle again? Alternatively get a job where the company provide the resident visa? Do all companies do this?
She's currently a beauty salon manager (plently of those over there!) with over ten years salon management experience and has had her own salon/company in the past too.

Was going to ask about accom, but I've read all the posts here about Wind Tower Hamlets (love that it did feel pretty enclosed when having my accommodation tour) so know to give them a miss - and I think the whole "where to live thread" has been done to death! I'm in a serviced apartment for the first two months of being over there, so no need to worry too much, however, does anyone know the specific date when the rental rules are changing in January - don't know much more about it except what I've read to date on this forum, so ignore me if I've got the wrong end of the stick.
If there is a change in Jan, is this going to affect the rentals up or down - hopefully the latter?

One final thing, is it right that singles are unable to rent villas only apartments? Surely If I rent the place on my own, then the rental docs will be in my name only, so who's to know if my sister comes to stay for a while?

Tarkers
there are still lots of rooms advertised in Villas for westerners!

and if you rent an apartment you shouldnt have a problem. just dont annoy you neighbours in case they report you!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Tarkers is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah! Does the "singles only thing" only apply to rooms in shared villas? So If I rent a 2b/r villa for myself, there shouldn't be any problems (obviously same official rules apply etc )
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah! Does the "singles only thing" only apply to rooms in shared villas? So If I rent a 2b/r villa for myself, there shouldn't be any problems (obviously same official rules apply etc )
no its villas in general. not sure if it applies to the developments such as Springs, AR etc though!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Tarkers is an unknown quantity at this point

OK Thanks, I'll bear it in mind for the locations.
Was really looking at those two (Springs and AR, plus Meadows too) locations anyway, but like I say didn't want to go down the "where do I live" thread again. I shall be working near the airport, so the Ranches is probably best from a commute time pov, but I understand from either location, Springs or Ranches, I'm going to be going against the traffic jams at rush hour - is this right?
Also if I was to head in on the Emirates road instead of SZH, is the traffic any easier?
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
no its villas in general. not sure if it applies to the developments such as Springs, AR etc though!
Can't you just call your partner your "wife" in public, get her to wear any old ring (or engagement ring even!), and just say she hasn't changed her name on her passport yet and you've forgotten you marriage certificate if anyone asks??

Maybe not for immigration but if your landlord / neighbour asks you could fob them off surely?
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you just call your partner your "wife" in public, get her to wear any old ring (or engagement ring even!), and just say she hasn't changed her name on her passport yet and you've forgotten you marriage certificate if anyone asks??

Maybe not for immigration but if your landlord / neighbour asks you could fob them off surely?
No, they make you get all your docs attested.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
No, they make you get all your docs attested.
damn it, oh well I'll be staying in an apartment anyway. So everything will just have to be in my name only then, best to not even mention the "visitor"?
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

damn it, oh well I'll be staying in an apartment anyway. So everything will just have to be in my name only then, best to not even mention the "visitor"?
Probably best.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Was going to ask about accom, but I've read all the posts here about Wind Tower Hamlets (love that it did feel pretty enclosed when having my accommodation tour) so know to give them a miss - and I think the whole "where to live thread" has been done to death! I'm in a serviced apartment for the first two months of being over there, so no need to worry too much, however, does anyone know the specific date when the rental rules are changing in January - don't know much more about it except what I've read to date on this forum, so ignore me if I've got the wrong end of the stick.
If there is a change in Jan, is this going to affect the rentals up or down - hopefully the latter?
Eh? I missed that, is that a jibe at Jumeirah Beach Residence?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

ce2batson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by expat.brat
Eh? I missed that, is that a jibe at Jumeirah Beach Residence?
ok i am officially confused if my boyfriend comes out to live with me do we have a problem there? or only if we want a villa?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

OK Thanks, I'll bear it in mind for the locations.
Was really looking at those two (Springs and AR, plus Meadows too) locations anyway, but like I say didn't want to go down the "where do I live" thread again. I shall be working near the airport, so the Ranches is probably best from a commute time pov, but I understand from either location, Springs or Ranches, I'm going to be going against the traffic jams at rush hour - is this right?
Also if I was to head in on the Emirates road instead of SZH, is the traffic any easier?
Do you mean Dubai Airport or the new Jebel Ali one? If the former then look no further than Mirdif, Garhoud, Rashidya...
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ce2batson
ok i am officially confused if my boyfriend comes out to live with me do we have a problem there? or only if we want a villa?
Officially in Dubai non married opposit sex should not be in the same accommodation (against the law), but like everything else in Dubai things slide, anyone that I know pretend to be married (ie refer to the other half as hubby wife and some even ware a wedding ring, if talking to anyone that they don't know and neighbours etc) it happens a lot here it's a risk you take, usually but again all depends european people are not looked at too closley unless you get into trouble with the law or officials.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

ce2batson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Officially in Dubai non married opposit sex should not be in the same accommodation (against the law), but like everything else in Dubai things slide, anyone that I know pretend to be married (ie refer to the other half as hubby wife and some even ware a wedding ring, if talking to anyone that they don't know and neighbours etc) it happens a lot here it's a risk you take, usually but again all depends european people are not looked at too closley unless you get into trouble with the law or officials.
nightmare. i am sure i can manage that though. the boyfriend will HATE it. hahahahaha
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ce2batson
nightmare. i am sure i can manage that though. the boyfriend will HATE it. hahahahaha
Yea things like that seem to freak them, it's as if you've trapped them into marrige

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.