Visa Fun Run

Old Jun 12th 2011, 4:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Visa Fun Run

Morning,

Need some advice;

- I (and others) don't have a work visa yet, long story, revolving around a license

- My tourist visa has long since expired, by tomorrow it will be near enough 40 days over

- Despite promises, I won't have a visa by the time I fly home at the end of the month for a few days

- I'm going to the border tomorrow night with another colleague who is within their 30 day stamp, just.

- I've been given the cash to pay a fine, but despite asking; have had no advice on what to say / not to say and what will / won't happen when I leave and re-enter...

This is going to provide some of you with a right laugh, that's fine...but if anyone can be more useful than the spastic in a suit pro and give me a heads up on anything I should / shouldn't say then it would be much appreciated as I frankly, haven't got a clue.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 12th 2011, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Fun Run

Don't worry, they will just ask you for money and then stamp your passport.

Next time remember that you can extend your visit visa another 30days (1 time) Just go to immigration pay 500dhs and they will stamp it.
You also have a 10day grace period.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Morning,

Need some advice;

- I (and others) don't have a work visa yet, long story, revolving around a license

- My tourist visa has long since expired, by tomorrow it will be near enough 40 days over

- Despite promises, I won't have a visa by the time I fly home at the end of the month for a few days

- I'm going to the border tomorrow night with another colleague who is within their 30 day stamp, just.

- I've been given the cash to pay a fine, but despite asking; have had no advice on what to say / not to say and what will / won't happen when I leave and re-enter...

This is going to provide some of you with a right laugh, that's fine...but if anyone can be more useful than the spastic in a suit pro and give me a heads up on anything I should / shouldn't say then it would be much appreciated as I frankly, haven't got a clue.

Thanks in advance
You'll be fine mate, it's really just a money making exercise out there. It's not intimidating, it's just a pain in the arse. Make sure you go at a quiet time and you'll be back and all sorted in no time.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 6:13 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

It won't be an issue just next time do it within the time frame, oh and go to Hatta on a work day if the ****ers can't get you a visa use their time not yours
Old Jun 12th 2011, 6:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Cheers for that.

Like I said, it's just a case of I have no idea what to expect or do, and not getting much idea from anyone here.

Going tomorrow about 5 so nice early finish
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone questions the overstay, just say that your PRO is useless and roll your eyes. Not an argument that is ever questioned.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
If anyone questions the overstay, just say that your PRO is useless and roll your eyes. Not an argument that is ever questioned.
Interesting as other people have said to avoid telling them I'm working at the moment?
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:09 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting as other people have said to avoid telling them I'm working at the moment?
You can't work without a visa so just tell them you are going to oman border to do a 'turn around', ie get a stamp and back again - it's not a bad little trip really.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Spugsy
You can't work without a visa so just tell them you are going to oman border to do a 'turn around', ie get a stamp and back again - it's not a bad little trip really.
They won't get arsey about the fact i've overstayed for 38 days?
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:36 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

They won't get arsey about the fact i've overstayed for 38 days?
You should get 10 days grace, if not you pay 200 first day and 100 per day after that, so 900 dirhams - but they'll probably let you off mate.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:45 am
Account Closed

You should get 10 days grace, if not you pay 200 first day and 100 per day after that, so 900 dirhams - but they'll probably let you off mate.
Sorry, I meant i've been here 68 days in total... work have given me about 4,000 to cover it.

Hence my concern, it's not a little overstay.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 1:39 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Sorry, I meant i've been here 68 days in total... work have given me about 4,000 to cover it.

Hence my concern, it's not a little overstay.
If I was you I'd head over to immigration near bur dubai way and speak to them and pay the fine there, much easier than driving all the way to Hatta to be stopped for hours or possibly arrested.

I was at Immigration and althoguh it can take a while they are pretty helpful.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

If I was you I'd head over to immigration near bur dubai way and speak to them and pay the fine there, much easier than driving all the way to Hatta to be stopped for hours or possibly arrested.

I was at Immigration and althoguh it can take a while they are pretty helpful.
You've mentioned the 'A' word. There a fair chance of that happening?
Old Jun 12th 2011, 3:46 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

According to labour law the company has 60 days grace in which to sort out your visa. If they ask if you are working you can say yes, but don't tell them it's for more than 60 days. You could quite easily have been here for two weeks on your tourist visa before you started work.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

Well, wish me luck.

If you don't hear from me tomorrow or later tonight then I'm either;

A - Dead
B - In jail and safe
C - In jail with a bigger man inside me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.