Visa etc for SA

Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Andy665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa etc for SA

Looked in "search" and could not find anything, hope there is a quick answer to this one.

From being offered a job how long does it normall take to get the paperwork sorted so that you can get to Saudi and start work - I ask because I am available for an immediate start for a job I have applied for.

I also only have 6 months left on my current passport - I presume it would amke sense to get a new one straight away?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa etc for SA

i would defo get a new passport
Old Dec 30th 2008, 1:00 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy665
Looked in "search" and could not find anything, hope there is a quick answer to this one.

From being offered a job how long does it normall take to get the paperwork sorted so that you can get to Saudi and start work - I ask because I am available for an immediate start for a job I have applied for.

I also only have 6 months left on my current passport - I presume it would amke sense to get a new one straight away?
Get your new passport and tell your employer you are ready to start. AFAIR, the Saudi embassy in London will process and return it to you for your initial visa within a week... Once you arrive, your employer can get to work on your iqama...
Old Dec 30th 2008, 1:18 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

hate to say this but the SA visa processing time is really a matter of chance. it can all be done in as quick as a couple of weeks, but can take months.

the process usually is...
- company gets the all clear from inside Saudi (2 - 4 weeks)
- they send you a 'visa-block' saying to the Saudi embassy in your country that it's ok
- the embassy in your country will process the visa which usually takes about 10 days (London / Aus)
- after that, you're off

once you're in-country, your employer will first get you a work permit from the ministry of labour, then, finally, your iqama from the ministry of interior. then you're done.

the alternative to all this is get a business visa (about 2x weeks or so) to get into saudi and start working, then, once the 'visa block' is ready, go back to your country of origin and do the work permit stuff above.

if you're in london, have a chat to Jane @ Harley Medical Services (http://britishexpats.com/wiki/KSA_Misc_Immigration_Info), she's really helpful and can guide you through all the bits and pieces.

also, get your passport renewed. depending on the embassy, the minimum required for the visa is about 2 years left on your passport.

best 'o luck!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

i hope it is a aviation related job there has been people
just laid off this week including me.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Andy665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a motor industry job, fortunately a lot of management positions are still taken on by UK people because of our supposed "expertise"