Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
correct, that happened to us.

we are with HSBC and they froze our account as we had a car loan with them.
Yeah, depends on the bank....
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
Yeah, depends on the bank....
I can only speak for HSBC, and what happened to us.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 2:40 am
Just Joined

Christie25 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can only speak for HSBC, and what happened to us.
Can ask how did HSBC know about your contract termination and then proceeded to freeze your account?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Christie25
Can ask how did HSBC know about your contract termination and then proceeded to freeze your account?
I can only guess that when our end of service benefit cheque went into the account they contacted our previous employer. Most banks these days will be suspicious of large amounts being paid into accounts.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:29 am
Just Joined

I can only guess that when our end of service benefit cheque went into the account they contacted our previous employer. Most banks these days will be suspicious of large amounts being paid into accounts.
I see, so how does it work now, are you continuing to pay your monthly installments until the end and then they allow you acces to your accounts again?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:36 am
Banned

riyazahmd is on a distinguished road

No. your family can depart from UAE without any trouble.

If your company has submitted an authorization letter to the bank along with your loan/credit card application, they would have to execute their commitment by paying your terminal benefits to the bank.

It seems that Emirates Bank uses some agencies in India for collecting the money from Indians. Does anybody know how these agencies are working?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:41 pm
Concierge

I see, so how does it work now, are you continuing to pay your monthly installments until the end and then they allow you acces to your accounts again?
yes our account was unfrozen when we produced evidence that my husband had gained employment. If he hadn't got another job though we would have been in a mess as our benefits had been paid into the account.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

yes our account was unfrozen when we produced evidence that my husband had gained employment. If he hadn't got another job though we would have been in a mess as our benefits had been paid into the account.
Thanks for your reply. Would a company letter be enough?
When I changed jobs last time, they didn't freeze my account, just asked me to produce a company letter of employment, but now that banks are going crazy, I really don't know what will happen when my end of service will enter the account...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:05 am
Concierge

Thanks for your reply. Would a company letter be enough?
When I changed jobs last time, they didn't freeze my account, just asked me to produce a company letter of employment, but now that banks are going crazy, I really don't know what will happen when my end of service will enter the account...
do you have another job? if so fax your new offer letter to the bank, that should be enough
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Rosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SlikNik
Rosebud,

Any updates on your situation? I'm curious to see how it turned out for you!
I have managed to pass thru the immigration @ dxb today with no hastel and am waiting to catch my flight out of Dubai to the UK, perhaps for good.

When I started this thread I never thought it would attract such an interest, I guess it was because a lot of us were/are in the same boat.

At this point I'd like to thank all who participated in this thread with their useful comments/suggestions, and good luck to all who are trying to either stay on or leave Dubai.

My best.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 1:54 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Rosebud
I have managed to pass thru the immigration @ dxb today with no hastel and am waiting to catch my flight out of Dubai to the UK, perhaps for good.

When I started this thread I never thought it would attract such an interest, I guess it was because a lot of us were/are in the same boat.

At this point I'd like to thank all who participated in this thread with their useful comments/suggestions, and good luck to all who are trying to either stay on or leave Dubai.

My best.
good luck Rosebud
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosebud

My best.
Wish you all the best!!! Dubai experience can turn into very bitter at times... Hope you have much success in your new job...
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:32 am
Just Joined

mykol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by riyazahmd
Dear All

Hope our friend will depart from Dubai safely. Awaiting to here from him very soon.

Here are a few questions thay may arise after his departure from UAE

1) Is it possible to stay in home country after the bank in UAE put a police case for credit card/ Bank loan?

2) Is it possible to travel other GCC like Qatar or Bahrain even when a police case and travel ban is active in UAE?

3) During the new visa issue by immigration department in Qatar, is it possible to check whether there is any travel ban or police case in UAE?
Any inputs to these questions? A friend of mine who is working in Qatar, is caught in the same situation and he had failed / had delays in some of his dues. He is being harrassed of calls from Dubai banks everyday. Can Qatar immigration check if he got a travel ban / loan default in UAE? Will he be deported back in UAE if he will travel out of Qatar for vacation? Thanks.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:19 pm
Banned

riyazahmd is on a distinguished road

can anybody tell about these issues?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:19 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riyazahmd
can anybody tell about these issues?
A good lawyer, perhaps???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.