Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Old Apr 16th 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Rosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant future
Default Re: Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Originally Posted by marley
I would also like to know if the banks will tie any unpaid money to my company or if the loan and credit card is tied only to me and I would not want my company to be hassled by the banks.

Can anyone help with these questions, Indie, maybe you will know
Marley, so you know I am in the same predicament as you are. I don't think our families are liable for anything that we've encountered financially and therefore no reason to worry about their departure, they'll leave safely.

Companies usually do not guarantee employees against payments of their bank loans. Check your company's letter to the bank at the time of your request for a loan, they usually wash their hands off any responsibilities regarding loans. So you are tied directly.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:17 pm
Banned

zaneer is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Well,
My brother was made redundant yesterday! ...... he works for a popular - semigov property developer. All they said was "your position is no longer a requirement, and due to the current market situation ...bla bla..."

anyways, the best part is, until his visa is cancelled, NO Benefits/EOS! thats really sad. He even bought a property from his employer on staff discount. All in a loss.... total loss .... thts lyf!

regards
ZANE

Last edited by zaneer; Apr 16th 2009 at 10:19 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zaneer
Well,
My brother was made redundant yesterday! ...... he works for a popular - semigov property developer. All they said was "your position is no longer a requirement, and due to the current market situation ...bla bla..."

anyways, the best part is, until his visa is cancelled, NO Benefits/EOS! thats really sad. He even bought a property from his employer on staff discount. All in a loss.... total loss .... thts lyf!

regards
ZANE

he is entitled to EOS benefits by Law, how long has worked for them?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:14 am
Banned

Angry Re: Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
he is entitled to EOS benefits by Law, how long has worked for them?
He has worked for four years. They are ready to release his eos benefits, but upon visa cancellation only!!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

He has worked for four years. They are ready to release his eos benefits, but upon visa cancellation only!!
unfortunately that is the law, however alot of companies are not being as spiteful and are letting the visa run out instead of cancelling it. What passport does he hold?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:37 am
Banned

unfortunately that is the law, however alot of companies are not being as spiteful and are letting the visa run out instead of cancelling it. What passport does he hold?
He holds indian passport
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marley
I would also like to know if the banks will tie any unpaid money to my company or if the loan and credit card is tied only to me and I would not want my company to be hassled by the banks.

Can anyone help with these questions, Indie, maybe you will know
Don't worry - neither your wife nor your employer are liable for your personal debts.....good luck
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:56 pm
Concierge

He holds indian passport
so unfortunately he is going to have to leave country, try and secure another job from India and then return on an employment visa.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

surely you can just leave without notifying any authority? If your visa hasn't yet been cancelled and your in possession of your passport, whats stopping you from taking the next flight out of here?

i just don't get what the issue here is? unless of course your employers have your passport...in which case i ain't got a clue.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:20 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
surely you can just leave without notifying any authority? If your visa hasn't yet been cancelled and your in possession of your passport, whats stopping you from taking the next flight out of here?

i just don't get what the issue here is? unless of course your employers have your passport...in which case i ain't got a clue.
It's the whole visa cancel before EOS payment crap that messes things up. You can leave and forgo EOS and visa cancellation, or you can cancel your visa and get EOS but then, if you have had a letter of agreement between your employer and bank to secure a loan: shit hits the fan!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 9:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Roadking
It's the whole visa cancel before EOS payment crap that messes things up. You can leave and forgo EOS and visa cancellation, or you can cancel your visa and get EOS but then, if you have had a letter of agreement between your employer and bank to secure a loan: shit hits the fan!
Yes, you are right, but luckily he hasnt got any personal loans. But, what about the auto loans? he has got a car, and still 2yrs of payment left. what happens to that then when he cancels the visa? will EOS be blocked by the bank for auto loans as well?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:42 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you are right, but luckily he hasnt got any personal loans. But, what about the auto loans? he has got a car, and still 2yrs of payment left. what happens to that then when he cancels the visa? will EOS be blocked by the bank for auto loans as well?
They will probably let the EOS be paid in, but he won't get any access to it until he clears the auto-loan.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

will EOS be blocked by the bank for auto loans as well?
Yes, but only if the bank knows it is EOS..... Car loans normally are not secured by EOS. Ask your brother whether his employer issued a salary transfer letter to the bank. Which bank is the loan with?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:41 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
They will probably let the EOS be paid in, but he won't get any access to it until he clears the auto-loan.
correct, that happened to us.

Originally Posted by IndieG
Yes, but only if the bank knows it is EOS..... Car loans normally are not secured by EOS. Ask your brother whether his employer issued a salary transfer letter to the bank. Which bank is the loan with?
we are with HSBC and they froze our account as we had a car loan with them.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:06 am
Banned

correct, that happened to us.

we are with HSBC and they froze our account as we had a car loan with them.
Oh no, now its getting scary!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.