Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Rosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant future
Default Re: Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Originally Posted by innocuous
I know of someone who has travelled to Qatar after cancelling his UAE visa, he owed money on credit cards ( i had already confirmed to you on personal loans) however i will leave this to your wise judgement, nevertheless 'wishing you the very best and a safe journey.
Thanks for your well wishes Innocuous, I'll certainly keep you all posted as how my trip went.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:18 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
And how do you think they can pay off their debts if they've just lost their jobs and haven't found another one?
like everyone else in the world? make sure you dont live beyond your means? make sure you can pay your credit card off at the end of each month? make sure you save money when you work? dont buy a really expensive car but a normal one that you can afford ?

leeches
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
like everyone else in the world? make sure you dont live beyond your means? make sure you can pay your credit card off at the end of each month? make sure you save money when you work? dont buy a really expensive car but a normal one that you can afford ?

leeches
Completely agree about living within your means etc etc. A lot of budgets go haywire when most bills are required to be paid in advance - housing (12 months in advance), school (1-2 terms in advance) etc. Most don't expect to lose their jobs within 1-6 months of arriving.....
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:13 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
Completely agree about living within your means etc etc. A lot of budgets go haywire when most bills are required to be paid in advance - housing (12 months in advance), school (1-2 terms in advance) etc. Most don't expect to lose their jobs within 1-6 months of arriving.....
good point - that is a shitty situation to be in. but... that's why I personally try to arrange my contracts such that the company stiffs up for those even if my salary itself is "lower". Live & learn I guess.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

mezczyzna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosebud
Thanks for your well wishes Innocuous, I'll certainly keep you all posted as how my trip went.
Dear Rosebud, i hope u ll keep us updated about ur trip as soon as possible. I am afraid i ll do same like u. And if u share your experiences as detailed, i ll appreciate that....maybe we ll find a easy way out!...
and good luck to u also...
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

SlikNik is an unknown quantity at this point

Rosebud,

Any updates on your situation? I'm curious to see how it turned out for you!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Rosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SlikNik
Rosebud,

Any updates on your situation? I'm curious to see how it turned out for you!

Well, my visa is cancelled now and trying to send the family out 1st followed by me later. Once I've landed safely back home I'll keep everyone posted, if things don't take a different course of actions that is.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Interesting. My company never asked to cancel my visa, in fact, they said they wont push for it to be cancelled hence, I left the country without cancelling and they already know this.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Interesting. My company never asked to cancel my visa, in fact, they said they wont push for it to be cancelled hence, I left the country without cancelling and they already know this.
I guess your case is even more interesting since your visa hasn't been cancelled. Who do/did you work for? the Emirates Airlines? seeing that they have been offered unpaid leave with retaining their positions.
I wonder how your employer is to explain this to the labour dept. are you sure they'll not report you as absconding?
Old Apr 12th 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rosebud
I guess your case is even more interesting since your visa hasn't been cancelled. Who do/did you work for? the Emirates Airlines? seeing that they have been offered unpaid leave with retaining their positions.
I wonder how your employer is to explain this to the labour dept. are you sure they'll not report you as absconding?
No its not Emirates. Its a company foreign to the UAE.

They wont report us because there are a lot of us and some have spoken with the GM and he has said basically what I said above, "we aren't going to push to cancel visas as we realise some people dont want to be forced out of the country".
Old Apr 12th 2009, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
No its not Emirates. Its a company foreign to the UAE.

They wont report us because there are a lot of us and some have spoken with the GM and he has said basically what I said above, "we aren't going to push to cancel visas as we realise some people dont want to be forced out of the country".
You must be very lucky to have worked for an understanding GM. But he is running a huge risk if he has terminated his employees without cancelling their visas. Or he is simply keeping you on his books for the time being, but there will come a time that he would have to make a decision when he has to deal with the authorities. You can not ride a horse back wards for long.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 4:52 pm
Banned

riyazahmd is on a distinguished road

Dear All

Hope our friend will depart from Dubai safely. Awaiting to here from him very soon.

Here are a few questions thay may arise after his departure from UAE

1) Is it possible to stay in home country after the bank in UAE put a police case for credit card/ Bank loan?

2) Is it possible to travel other GCC like Qatar or Bahrain even when a police case and travel ban is active in UAE?

3) During the new visa issue by immigration department in Qatar, is it possible to check whether there is any travel ban or police case in UAE?
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

marley is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife has got no bank account and no financial ties here in the uae at all, I am the one with all the accounts and everything is on my name. She will be exiting the country before me, will my financial situation stop her from leaving the airport? I dont want her and my child to have problems, I will leave a week or two later.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

just so you know I have not defaulted on any of my credit card or loan payments although I still have not cleared them yet, will they tie my wife to me or not?
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

I would also like to know if the banks will tie any unpaid money to my company or if the loan and credit card is tied only to me and I would not want my company to be hassled by the banks.

Can anyone help with these questions, Indie, maybe you will know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.