British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Visa Cancellation (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/visa-cancellation-527211/)

ZeeLuton Apr 6th 2008 11:33 am

Visa Cancellation

I have a dubai technology and media free zone authority visa. I resigned last week and am working my notice period. Can I cancel the visa myself by going to their offices?

lionheart Apr 6th 2008 11:35 am

Re: Visa Cancellation

Originally Posted by ZeeLuton (Post 6166794)
I have a dubai technology and media free zone authority visa. I resigned last week and am working my notice period. Can I cancel the visa myself by going to their offices?

Why on earth are you asking us? Why not pick up the phone and ask them directly yourself?

ZeeLuton Apr 6th 2008 11:38 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6166804)
Why on earth are you asking us? Why not pick up the phone and ask them directly yourself?

They have no contact number for the relevant department on the website...all they have are lists of the free zone laws and regulations! Can someone help?

Chris79 Apr 6th 2008 11:38 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6166804)

:rofl::rofl:
Straight and to the point!
You scare the sh!t outta me!

ScotsExpat Apr 6th 2008 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 6166823)
:rofl::rofl:
Straight and to the point!
You scare the sh!t outta me!

I just think he wasnt breast-fed as a child..........

ZeeLuton Apr 6th 2008 11:59 am

I mean, do I have to give my passport to my company's PRO or can I go down with my passport and get it done myself?

Chris79 Apr 6th 2008 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by ZeeLuton (Post 6166978)
I mean, do I have to give my passport to my company's PRO or can I go down with my passport and get it done myself?

When my mate was leaving he found it easier to go with the PRO. They know where they are going etc and normally find a way to push to the front of the queue! :thumbup:

Chris79 Apr 6th 2008 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat (Post 6166923)
I just think he wasnt breast-fed as a child..........

Either that or he isn't gettin any ;)
Too much pent up frustration :p

Blue Cat Apr 7th 2008 7:32 am

Originally Posted by ZeeLuton (Post 6166794)

good god what happened! you didn't last long!

ZeeLuton Apr 7th 2008 7:50 am

Well I'm a recruitment consultant and career wise i was better off in London...

Blue Cat Apr 7th 2008 7:51 am

Originally Posted by ZeeLuton (Post 6171110)
Well I'm a recruitment consultant and career wise i was better off in London...

oh that's a shame, sorry it didn't work out for you.

sinderelle Apr 7th 2008 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 6167059)
When my mate was leaving he found it easier to go with the PRO. They know where they are going etc and normally find a way to push to the front of the queue! :thumbup:

Go with the PRO and do it together - don't let anyone get their lil paws on your passport (see my previous posts and the trouble my g/f's DH is in)

My DH has resigned and apparently he has to cancel my visa and DD's visa first and then go to FZ with PRO to cancel his