Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

visa on arrival in BAH - or visa-free

visa on arrival in BAH - or visa-free

Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default visa on arrival in BAH - or visa-free

I've read conflicting information from different websites about short term visitor entry into Bahrain...

Just wondering if anyone could clarify from personal knowledge please...

Is it (a) visa-free, entry stamp only, like the UAE

or (b) visa on arrival for a fee at the visa counter and then go to passport control, like in Kuwait

(UK national)

cheers... I have a conference there in a couple of weeks
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Chris.H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visa on arrival in BAH - or visa-free

You can purchase a visa upon arrival at the passport control desk. I can't remember if it is BD3 or BD5 but it's definitely one or the other!

Chris
Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

bassam13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

You would have to pay upon arrival. Or you can apply for a visa online through:

http://www.evisa.gov.bh/

Hope this helps

Regards,
Bassam
Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chris.H
You can purchase a visa upon arrival at the passport control desk. I can't remember if it is BD3 or BD5 but it's definitely one or the other!

Chris
British Passport holders can get a 3 month visitors visa on arrival for BD5/-

It's an arrival stamp like the UAE and a lovely receipt
Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks! better carry some BHD then I suppose.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jvr20
You can pay in US$ but they generally claim that they have no change so best to have Dinars on you..
Old Nov 4th 2007, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

you can pay in Dirhams. Think its 10 dirhams to one dinar.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Chris.H is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, sorry I should have pointed that out - you can pay in any GCC currency at the correct exchange rate. You can also pay in £ or $ but you will get a "rip-off" excahnge rate!

Chris
Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
you can pay in Dirhams. Think its 10 dirhams to one dinar.
i hope not, i based my hotel calculations on about 1.25!

Think Omani riyals are 10 tho...
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Aren't your company paying for the hotel / visa etc? I knew they were tight but that's just taking the piss! Unless, of course, it's a Startrek conference
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RitchieD
Aren't your company paying for the hotel / visa etc? I knew they were tight but that's just taking the piss! Unless, of course, it's a Startrek conference

yes of course! but still!

Star Trek conference puts me in mind of that Simpsons episode when Comic Book Guy is returning his "quote-unquote Ultimate Belt"-
- Do you have a receipt, quote-unquite sir?
- No, I won it as a door prize at the Star Trek convention, although I find their choice of prize highly illogical; the average Trekker has no need of a medium-sized belt.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

1 Bahraini Dinar = 9.767319 UAE Dhs
looks like your calculations are just a little bit out!!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

When i saw the rate as $2.65, I got it the wrong way round then!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When i saw the rate as $2.65, I got it the wrong way round then!
looks like you will have a nice meeting with your boss to explain the costs of your trip!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
looks like you will have a nice meeting with your boss to explain the costs of your trip!
Not really, the hotel for the relevant nights isn't an issue - it's more the weekend i've tacked on to the start of the conference as a mini break for myself... When I thought it was 100 Dhs/night I was laughing... now it's 700/night then i'll have to rethink the situation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.