Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa/Accommodation/Security/Medical Update

Visa/Accommodation/Security/Medical Update

Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa/Accommodation/Security/Medical Update

Well folks, had a call from BAE Systems on Friday and although it was a Saudi based company that recruited me and offered me the role, they part of BAe Systems, so its BAe handling all of the UK based stuff.

Gotta go up to near Preston for a medical/Induction, and as they only do it every two weeks, the next one I can make is 6th Feb. Those results take three weeks to come back so that's already up to end of Feb. Then a Visa to sort out, but it sounds like the biggest hold up will be the accommodation.

So, the realistic ( so I thought ) guess of late March / early April might still be a little too early for me to be out there.

They will start the security clearance thing though, so at least something is happening, but its gonna take a while by the sounds of it. I was looking forwrd to coming out there asap
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa/Accommodation/Security/Medical Update

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Well folks, had a call from BAE Systems on Friday and although it was a Saudi based company that recruited me and offered me the role, they part of BAe Systems, so its BAe handling all of the UK based stuff.

Gotta go up to near Preston for a medical/Induction, and as they only do it every two weeks, the next one I can make is 6th Feb. Those results take three weeks to come back so that's already up to end of Feb. Then a Visa to sort out, but it sounds like the biggest hold up will be the accommodation.

So, the realistic ( so I thought ) guess of late March / early April might still be a little too early for me to be out there.

They will start the security clearance thing though, so at least something is happening, but its gonna take a while by the sounds of it. I was looking forwrd to coming out there asap
Good luck - at least you'll have more time to watch your boys avoid the Conference.........
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Good luck - at least you'll have more time to watch your boys avoid the Conference.........
After our 3-0 thumping of Notts County, we'll be back in the Premiership in three seasons at this rate....
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:54 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
After our 3-0 thumping of Notts County, we'll be back in the Premiership in three seasons at this rate....
Wish I thought beating us was such an achievement