Villa for sale

Old May 12th 2005, 10:05 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Villa for sale

Originally Posted by BMW 318i
So they key seems to be finding an investor who bought a huge chunk of the Arabian Ranches. Anyone want to join me on the hunt for this man
UB can find out.

a select few bought alot of the marina..also worth investigating
Old May 12th 2005, 10:08 am
Just Joined

BMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
UB can find out.

a select few bought alot of the marina..also worth investigating
What or who is UB?
Old May 12th 2005, 10:17 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

What or who is UB?

now theres a question......
Old May 12th 2005, 10:27 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

What or who is UB?

One of Jd's bestest friends and real estate guru......
Old May 12th 2005, 10:29 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

What or who is UB?
UB is Uncle B.
A poster on this forum who is involved in real estate.

also my flatmate. Tell me what you want/need and ill pass the message on.

Also goes by the name of Pyscho John, MF***** and c*** s****er
Old May 12th 2005, 10:56 am
Just Joined

BMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to all

UB is Uncle B.

Thanks I have sent you a private message.
Old May 12th 2005, 11:02 am
Up in the air

Thanks I have sent you a private message.
NP, will ask him tonight and get back to you either tomorrow or Sun,
Rgds
JD
Old May 12th 2005, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

UB is Uncle B.

Well, he sounds like a reliable "expert"
Old May 12th 2005, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
Kabul is rocking...

BMW318, you really need to get a better understanding of NEGOTIATION. Prices anywhere, especially when it comes to real estate, are NEGOTIABLE. Of course nobody is going to advertise a zero premium property.

One thing that none of you seem to understand, is that the spec investors that bought huge blocks of villas and flats did not pay 'market price' for these units. So when an investor say '15% premium' he is really getting a 30% premium from what he paid for the unit, but 15% over the 'market price' of the unit.

So if you find the right person, he will without much negotiation agree to 'zero' premium, as, most likely, he got a huge discount for buying a large block of units, and will both

1) Make money
2) Get rid of property which is not nearly the investment he thought it would be
Don't fancy Kabul much....

As I understand it (and I'm happy to be corrected by anybody who lives there) pretty much all of the Springs, Greens, Green Community, Lakes, Meadows and even Arabian Ranches are sold and occupied. So if all the villas are occupied there is clearly a demand for them- why would they not sell at a premium? I can see how apartments at the Marina might be going for a zero premium or even at a loss, as a large number are still empty but you can't base an oppinion on the whole Dubai property market on one development.
Old May 12th 2005, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Just the sort of people I am looking for
No offense here UB.
Afternoon Everyone.
Old May 12th 2005, 11:19 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Don't fancy Kabul much....

As I understand it (and I'm happy to be corrected by anybody who lives there) pretty much all of the Springs, Greens, Green Community, Lakes, Meadows and even Arabian Ranches are sold and occupied. So if all the villas are occupied there is clearly a demand for them- why would they not sell at a premium? I can see how apartments at the Marina might be going for a zero premium or even at a loss, as a large number are still empty but you can't base an oppinion on the whole Dubai property market on one development.
springs, lakes, green comm, lakes and meadows are less than 50% from what i've heard

and for one, my friend lives in the springs and he is the only occupied house on his street
Old May 12th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TA5
springs, lakes, green comm, lakes and meadows are less than 50% from what i've heard

and for one, my friend lives in the springs and he is the only occupied house on his street
Less than 50% what TA5? Still big waiting lists at the Lakes (which is virtually all rented anyway), so facts wrong again. Also, many at Springs & Meadows just being finished off so the fact that no-one is physically living in every house there means **** all.
Old May 12th 2005, 12:03 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

lakes is a rental community, directly from developer, all others are for purchase only, and they are just being held by spec developers.

Although I agree that there is relatively strong rental demand for properties right now, this is in part to the lack of rental properties, most spec investors don't want to put their property in the rental market as it

1) Diminshes the value of the property once it is lived in
2) Makes it difficult to sell

All these investors want to do is flip the property for a quick buck. My point is that there isn't enough buyer demand (nowhere near enough) to support any price increases for at least 5 or 10 years, therefore, at some point there will be massive excess supply to the buyer-side and the sell-side will start to panic, realizing their plan for a quick buck won't come to fruition at all.
Old May 12th 2005, 12:13 pm
W10

Lakes is full. I've tried to get a rental there.

Springs is only empty because most of the places there are barely or unfinished. The earlier phases are pretty full. Plenty of deadly spiders to keep you company as well.

Meadows appears to be in a similar situation although personally I'd expect it to have lower occupancy because it's higher end and therefore costs more.

Your point appears to have changed (on this thread) from one about being able to find 0% premium or even heavily discounted villas, to one about the long term growth viability of the housing market in Dubai - which I don't think many people would disagree with.

Old May 12th 2005, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TA5
lakes is a rental community, directly from developer, all others are for purchase only, and they are just being held by spec developers.

Although I agree that there is relatively strong rental demand for properties right now, this is in part to the lack of rental properties, most spec investors don't want to put their property in the rental market as it

1) Diminshes the value of the property once it is lived in
2) Makes it difficult to sell

All these investors want to do is flip the property for a quick buck. My point is that there isn't enough buyer demand (nowhere near enough) to support any price increases for at least 5 or 10 years, therefore, at some point there will be massive excess supply to the buyer-side and the sell-side will start to panic, realizing their plan for a quick buck won't come to fruition at all.
Very well put TA5
In most cases it is cheaper to rent than to buy for the time being.Better to wait out a couple of years and then when the real value of homes comes to show,you can think of buying at that time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.