Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

villa to rent in Ghantoot??

villa to rent in Ghantoot??

Old Apr 27th 2014, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

nicci82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default villa to rent in Ghantoot??

Hi everyone, does anyone know if there are any residential areas in ghantoot? If so what would the areas/ compounds would be called?

We maybe moving to the UAE later this year, my husband would be working on the rail network that is currentlt being built. This would be a good location for us geographically but know nothing about the area.

Also if it comes under Dubai rental laws that would be a bonus, compared with AD I think?

If Ghantoot isn't an option does anyone know much about the jebel ali areas? Am i right in thinking Dubai is generally cheaper than AD?

Any advice/opinions welcomed!!
Old Apr 27th 2014, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: villa to rent in Ghantoot??

Originally Posted by nicci82
Hi everyone, does anyone know if there are any residential areas in ghantoot? If so what would the areas/ compounds would be called?

We maybe moving to the UAE later this year, my husband would be working on the rail network that is currentlt being built. This would be a good location for us geographically but know nothing about the area.

Also if it comes under Dubai rental laws that would be a bonus, compared with AD I think?

If Ghantoot isn't an option does anyone know much about the jebel ali areas? Am i right in thinking Dubai is generally cheaper than AD?

Any advice/opinions welcomed!!
there are plans to build at ghantoot but dont think they have started but you can look at al ghadeer they have just finished phase one, its off the main ad/dxb highway up the truck road for 10 mins but its very handy for the middle of auh/dxb but its in ad emirates. yes dxb is always cheaper than ad...but al ghadeer is pretty cheap for ad prices as its no where near auh its only in the emirate of ad.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

jebel ali is a port.... also sometimes if semi government which etihad rail is you have to work/live in ad etc.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

2 of my former colleagues used to live in Ghantoot (which is in AD emirate) and commute to Abu Dhabi - they were in small villas, or maybe serviced villas, owned/run by the hotel there. I'm not sure of its name, but google should reveal details (and as they have left the country now, I cannot ask them for details). They liked it there, and said it was very good value at the time (2 years ago).

I'm not sure if the statement that Dubai is always cheaper than Abu Dhabi still applies. There have been some hideous price rises in both cities, and for some types of accommodation, I suspect Dubai is catching up or overtaking Abu Dhabi. I've not done a proper comparison, but I have colleagues who live in both cities, and all I hear these days is my Dubai colleagues complaining about how expensive it has got, and the figures they quote are definitely comparable, or sometimes even more, than in Abu Dhabi. Some Abu Dhabi prices have also shot up, but not all types - everyone talks about the huge rises, but I also have a friend who has just renewed at the same price as last 2 years, so it is not all as bad as one hears.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by archie159
2 of my former colleagues used to live in Ghantoot (which is in AD emirate) and commute to Abu Dhabi - they were in small villas, or maybe serviced villas, owned/run by the hotel there. I'm not sure of its name, but google should reveal details (and as they have left the country now, I cannot ask them for details). They liked it there, and said it was very good value at the time (2 years ago).

I'm not sure if the statement that Dubai is always cheaper than Abu Dhabi still applies. There have been some hideous price rises in both cities, and for some types of accommodation, I suspect Dubai is catching up or overtaking Abu Dhabi. I've not done a proper comparison, but I have colleagues who live in both cities, and all I hear these days is my Dubai colleagues complaining about how expensive it has got, and the figures they quote are definitely comparable, or sometimes even more, than in Abu Dhabi. Some Abu Dhabi prices have also shot up, but not all types - everyone talks about the huge rises, but I also have a friend who has just renewed at the same price as last 2 years, so it is not all as bad as one hears.
there are a few bungalows but thats all..... there is ghantoot city on the planning scheme but not sure when it will be started.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by archie159

its very hit and miss... dxb is still cheaper than auh! but of course with the expo just around the corner they are putting up the prices, and you have the housing charge on top to add to it...... there are big rises in auh but mostly in the "freehold" areas i would say... but they are still going up and up! with no cap
Old Apr 29th 2014, 7:09 am
Just Joined

ADbloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Al Ghadeer is a new development by Ghantoot just on the border of the emirates Dubai/Abu Dhabi but in Abu Dhabi. If you have to commute daily to Abu Dhabi from Dubai or even from Ghantoot, in my opinion what you'll save in rent is not worth the dangerous daily drive or the frequent petrol stops or the rapid depreciation/growing service cost on your car, tiredness, etc. Do realize that in Ghantoot you as (presumingly not working) housewife will live in the middle of nowhere, with no expat community, and 30 mins drive to the nearest supermarket in either direction.

There are some excellent cheaper communities closer to Abu Dhabi where you will have the chance to start building a social life for yourselves. Have a look at Hydra village/Al Reef/Khalifa City B/Mohamed Bin Zayed City if you are looking for cheaper priced communities.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

al ghadeer is closer to dxb then auh!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone thats all really helpful. Busybee2 you mention a housing charge on top of rent, not heard of that, ive read faq for renting in dubai but no mention of this? Can you explain please? Also you mention freehold areas, is this when the property is individually owned by the landlord, and not in say a compound owned by a company?

Sorry for all the questions, ive been doing lots of reading on here already, but theres so much left to understand! If we do move over to uae i want tolook like i know what im talking about!!
Old Apr 30th 2014, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi everyone thats all really helpful. Busybee2 you mention a housing charge on top of rent, not heard of that, ive read faq for renting in dubai but no mention of this? Can you explain please? Also you mention freehold areas, is this when the property is individually owned by the landlord, and not in say a compound owned by a company?

Sorry for all the questions, ive been doing lots of reading on here already, but theres so much left to understand! If we do move over to uae i want tolook like i know what im talking about!!
dxb properties charge 5% housing, but people on old contracts maybe hasnt been applied yet.

freehold areas are where expats have been allowed to buy in auh there are only a few, al reef, al raha, al reem etc other areas such as raha gardens is for locals and kca or kcb or mbz etc are locals only... the areas such as al bahia, al shahama, baniyas, fahal etc these are not allowing renting for expats local housing which is gifted by the government.

a landlord can be a person or a company, compounds can be large or small owned by a landlord, but if there is a mortgage on the property then the bank is the one that becomes involved etc.
Old May 4th 2014, 9:51 am
Just Joined

lion_king_cave is an unknown quantity at this point

what is your range?
Old May 4th 2014, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Lion king cave, do you mean price or area? Price about 170000, area no where specific, but would want to be no more than an hour or so off island.

Main thing we are looking for is somewhere with a good size garden, good standard of build as ive read that some places arent great, and somewhere that isnt too high density. Would like to be fairly close to a beach, but think thats out unless we go for an apartment or have a much higher budget.
Old May 4th 2014, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lion king cave, do you mean price or area? Price about 170000, area no where specific, but would want to be no more than an hour or so off island.

Main thing we are looking for is somewhere with a good size garden, good standard of build as ive read that some places arent great, and somewhere that isnt too high density. Would like to be fairly close to a beach, but think thats out unless we go for an apartment or have a much higher budget.
raha then but its very noisy with the planes and the jetskis and the build quality is ?
Old May 4th 2014, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah ive been looking at raha gardens, thought we might got more space for our money if we moved a bit further out, thats why i was checking about ghantoot
Old May 4th 2014, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah ive been looking at raha gardens, thought we might got more space for our money if we moved a bit further out, thats why i was checking about ghantoot
theres nothing at ghantoot the nearest thing which is brand new is al ghadeer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.