British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Villa/ flat sharing in AD? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/villa-flat-sharing-ad-605759/)

Paul Eric Apr 27th 2009 4:29 am

Villa/ flat sharing in AD?

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any websites where I can see adverts on accomodation sharing in AD. I am planning to share for a while, the prices seem to go down and there is no point in rushing to get a villa / apartment right now and pay top prices.

Any suggestions?

BR,

Paul

Blue Cat Apr 27th 2009 4:58 am

Re: Villa/ flat sharing in AD?

supermarkets noticeboards, www.dubizzle.com, be careful though technically sharing is illegal :)

Paul Eric Apr 27th 2009 6:22 am

thanks BC, I know it is but I know a lot of people doing this in AD :)

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Apr 27th 2009 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Paul Eric (Post 7517876)
thanks BC, I know it is but I know a lot of people doing this in AD :)

Actually, it is not necessarily illegal. Unless you are of different genders, of course.

Grace O Malley Apr 27th 2009 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Paul Eric (Post 7517704)
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any websites where I can see adverts on accomodation sharing in AD. I am planning to share for a while, the prices seem to go down and there is no point in rushing to get a villa / apartment right now and pay top prices.

Any suggestions?

BR,

Paul

Spinneys/Abella notice board, your best bet Paul

Paul Eric Apr 27th 2009 11:46 am

Thanks Anna, I will check it.

Mariah_Saudi Apr 27th 2009 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Paul Eric (Post 7517704)
Hi,

Any suggestions?

BR,

Paul

you might find something here on this site
http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/uae/

Paul Eric Apr 29th 2009 4:53 am

Thanks Mariah,

Unfortunatelly I can't see the details, the site is blocked ( I know, i can install a VPN, didn't do it yet ).

BR,

Paul

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Apr 29th 2009 5:30 am

I was thinking of you yesterday, when I was in Spinneys (Khalidya). There were quite a few flat shares offered on their notice board.

Paul Eric Apr 30th 2009 12:14 pm

thank you Bambi, I just came from Spinneys and took all the numbers on the noticeboard, will start making phone calls :)

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Apr 30th 2009 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Paul Eric (Post 7529358)
thank you Bambi, I just came from Spinneys and took all the numbers on the noticeboard, will start making phone calls :)

The notice board is changed every Monday, so if you don't get anything before then, go on Monday early.

Paul Eric Apr 30th 2009 12:31 pm

Oh, good to know :)

I am learning all the tricks step by step, taxis are driving me mad at the moment, the bloody drivers don't know anything, they expect me to pay and also show them the route to the destination... :thumbdown:

Cham128 Apr 30th 2009 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Paul Eric (Post 7529401)
Oh, good to know :)

I am learning all the tricks step by step, taxis are driving me mad at the moment, the bloody drivers don't know anything, they expect me to pay and also show them the route to the destination... :thumbdown:

oh they know where they're going... they just don't want you to know that they know

Goldie_AD May 11th 2009 7:43 am

Hi,

I have a flat on short term rent.

We have paid upto aug 09 and unfortunately moving out NOW. Owner will not give anything back. So available on rent now.

If you are new to AD and wants to know around before you make decision where to live, this is ideal place. Or will suit if family is coming here for summer break.

Apartment is on Electra road, well maintained. With swimming pool and gym. on 12th floor. 3 bedroom 3 toilets. comes With Fridge and gas cooktop, wardrobe in all 3 bedrooms + 1 extra. central aircon included. Walking distance to grocery and easy to get cab. 3 buses goes on the road.

Available NOW till end aug on monthly rent of 22K.

Please email naik_sonali at hotmail dot com