Villa in Bahrain

Old Mar 2nd 2012, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

vhl71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Villa in Bahrain

What kind of villas can i get for BHD900?
Been searching on the web it varies from 900-1500.
I want something decent with 4 BR unfurnished closer to the causeway.

Can i get something for this money?
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Villa in Bahrain

Originally Posted by vhl71

Depends if your price is inclusive or exclusive. If its inclusive you will be very lucky to get anything for that price. This is the "green zone" so its pretty pricey. You might get a 3 bed - and also depends what you mean by decent and what extra's you are expecting eg, large compound, play areas, swimming pools, party rooms etc.

Or you might just get something in Sar but personally I wouldnt want to live there but if glamour comes before safety and you dont mind being tear gassed or subjected to black tyre smoke on a daily basis then you might be lucky.

We live in the green zone and are in a 4 bed but its a very small compound and certainly not the largest or most glamorous villa - we like it - but we were prepared to compromise for location - most I know that live round here pay lots more than 900bd and most more than 1500bd.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be fine. In the current market landlords will negotiate and 900BD should be enough. I met someone last night who was paying 850BD for a 4 bed in a perfectly safe area. You just need to get out here and be prepared to negotiate....
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
You'll be fine. In the current market landlords will negotiate and 900BD should be enough. I met someone last night who was paying 850BD for a 4 bed in a perfectly safe area. You just need to get out here and be prepared to negotiate....

Not what I am hearing - most landlords have that much money they couldn't give a monkey's whether their villa's are let or not and if they know their properties are in a desirable area the prices are going up not down but that's just what I hear from the ones living in Jasra/Hamala.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottrace
Not what I am hearing - most landlords have that much money they couldn't give a monkey's whether their villa's are let or not and if they know their properties are in a desirable area the prices are going up not down but that's just what I hear from the ones living in Jasra/Hamala.
Its all down to how green is your valley. The rents in our compound havent dropped a dinar but we are relatively green. 5 villas were left empty rather than drop but our landlord is one of the big players on the island and then the US embassy stashed some relocated bods in there so he is laughing now as they paid over the odds as Americans always do. Compound is now over run with nasty gob shite Yank children. I detest their accents, I hate their arrogance and obsession with leaving bicycles in the middle of the road for the maid to collect later. I would rather eat every last winnet and 6 month old sanitary towell in a cess pit full of fermenting shit than spend the time of day with gobby Yanks.

Mental Saudis finally moved into Norskys old place yesterday - think it may be 2nd or 3rd wife. Whatever number she is, they were throwing pottery and plates at each other on day 1 last night. Happy days. Fortunately our corner will be forever England with 3 Range Rovers in presence

Note that I think from some previous post you said you were of Asian origin or your family were or something similar. If those origins were Indian then make sure you dont mind living next door to Pakistanis. Note this is not my Racism before someone grumbles, but I know most of the educated Indians I know personally would rather not live next door to a Pakistani. My compound has only Pakistanis as its Asian populous. Not a problem for me as I dont give a **** but it may be to an Indian

900 wont be a problem but as you have seen villas on line for 900 then you know that already hey
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Its all down to how green is your valley. The rents in our compound havent dropped a dinar but we are relatively green. 5 villas were left empty rather than drop but our landlord is one of the big players on the island and then the US embassy stashed some relocated bods in there so he is laughing now as they paid over the odds as Americans always do. Compound is now over run with nasty gob shite Yank children. I detest their accents, I hate their arrogance and obsession with leaving bicycles in the middle of the road for the maid to collect later. I would rather eat every last winnet and 6 month old sanitary towell in a cess pit full of fermenting shit than spend the time of day with gobby Yanks.

Mental Saudis finally moved into Norskys old place yesterday - think it may be 2nd or 3rd wife. Whatever number she is, they were throwing pottery and plates at each other on day 1 last night. Happy days. Fortunately our corner will be forever England with 3 Range Rovers in presence

Note that I think from some previous post you said you were of Asian origin or your family were or something similar. If those origins were Indian then make sure you dont mind living next door to Pakistanis. Note this is not my Racism before someone grumbles, but I know most of the educated Indians I know personally would rather not live next door to a Pakistani. My compound has only Pakistanis as its Asian populous. Not a problem for me as I dont give a **** but it may be to an Indian

900 wont be a problem but as you have seen villas on line for 900 then you know that already hey
Lol Tock!!! Thats why I love our compound - not another soul here still - no one to upset us and we cant upset anyone either! Pool, gym and playground (albeit the smallest one ever) all to ourselves and the boys can play basketball in the street without anyone complaining about the noise. About as green as you can get but apparently the wallpaper puts people off - oh and you cant boast that you are paying over 2000bd a month if you live here so everyone knows how rich (and boring) you are!
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Lol Tock!!! Thats why I love our compound - not another soul here still - no one to upset us and we cant upset anyone either! Pool, gym and playground (albeit the smallest one ever) all to ourselves and the boys can play basketball in the street without anyone complaining about the noise. About as green as you can get but apparently the wallpaper puts people off - oh and you cant boast that you are paying over 2000bd a month if you live here so everyone knows how rich (and boring) you are!
You'll get some yanks soon

Anyone paying 2000 a month these days wants their head testing, A mate of mine was just about to secure a 5 bed brand new 2 storey villa with its own massive pool and a ****** lift so you dont even have to walk upstairs for 1800 a month and that is about as Gucci as they come. He has decided to leave for Dubai instead of living here lol

The nice Bali style villas near RB are down to 1500 before negotiation and again they are pretty stunning.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

You'll get some yanks soon

Anyone paying 2000 a month these days wants their head testing, A mate of mine was just about to secure a 5 bed brand new 2 storey villa with its own massive pool and a ****** lift so you dont even have to walk upstairs for 1800 a month and that is about as Gucci as they come. He has decided to leave for Dubai instead of living here lol

The nice Bali style villas near RB are down to 1500 before negotiation and again they are pretty stunning.
Dont tell a friend of mine that then who is living off Budaiya (right off of it) and paying a bit more than 2000bd!!

Where/what's RB? I want to see those!
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dont tell a friend of mine that then who is living off Budaiya (right off of it) and paying a bit more than 2000bd!!

Where/what's RB? I want to see those!
I wouldnt go and see them Trace, you will go back home and be disappointed with what you currently have, trust me...dont go..... stay at home.... but ya just cant help yourself hey

Head down Janibiya highway from the causeway.
Through the Camel farm lights.
As you approach the workshops on the left, there is a single track tarmac road on the right. Your suspension will clunk as you go over the big hole in the road. No clunk = wrong road
150 meters on the left hand side, you cant miss them. Stunning places and only 1500 bucks

If you hit the next set of lights on Janibiya highway you went too far by the way, which you will.

Dont go and see them or Mr Scott will be forking out more of them hard earned Saudi Riyals before he knows it....
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

vhl71 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like my company will not pay more for accommodation. I didn't get exact what I want also as a overall pkg. I do like the job profile. But now, I'm not sure whether to go or not. I've it pretty good here in North america right now.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

looks like my company will not pay more for accommodation. I didn't get exact what I want also as a overall pkg. I do like the job profile. But now, I'm not sure whether to go or not. I've it pretty good here in North america right now.
Go with your gut feel mate, its always right
Old Mar 5th 2012, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I don't you'll see many Scud's landing in New York, come September...
Old Mar 8th 2012, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

popsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to all

Don't know if you are still considering the move but you can get a 4 bed villa for 900 max at Atlanta gardens 3 at the end of budaiya/janabiyah. Houses are pretty boxy, but it's on the beach and you can moor a boat if you want to.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by popsicle
Don't know if you are still considering the move but you can get a 4 bed villa for 900 max at Atlanta gardens 3 at the end of budaiya/janabiyah. Houses are pretty boxy, but it's on the beach and you can moor a boat if you want to.
Also great if you like living in the shadows of a parked construction site. Wouldn't pay more than 800 there now
Old Mar 9th 2012, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Also great if you like living in the shadows of a parked construction site. Wouldn't pay more than 800 there now
About to say the same thing! Mr Scottrace looked there and it's nice but the building behind is a nitemare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.