Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Victim Of Fraud in Dubai

Victim Of Fraud in Dubai

Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victim Of Fraud in Dubai

Originally Posted by merlin36
Maybe swearing was not the right way to go about it. but it makes me mad that people just come on to the thread and call people liars when all i am trying to get is information and other peoples thoughts not to criticised and called a liar.
Well, I explained to you why that is happening. Take it into consideration and move on. You have been given useful information and help, so no harm done.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:09 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

why is it a problem of my own making when someone steals your identity these things happen all the time is it the victims fault.
To be fair it usually is. I believe you left a copy of your passport on a laptop that was stolen.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

merlin36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alexa
Well, I explained to you why that is happening. Take it into consideration and move on. You have been given useful information and help, so no harm done.
Thank you Alexa i will be moving on now thanks to everybody who shared their thoughts i will let you know how it goes.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

are you from the Philippines Merlin ?
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

why is it a problem of my own making when someone steals your identity these things happen all the time is it the victims fault.
Perhaps if you paid a bit more attention to where your passport is/was, you wouldn't have this problem. I still have, and know where they are, passports dating back to the seventies.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sandboy
are you from the Philippines Merlin ?
No UK.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Perhaps if you paid a bit more attention to where your passport is/was, you wouldn't have this problem. I still have, and know where they are, passports dating back to the seventies.
I did know where my passport was as i said earlier my laptop was stolen and there is a passport copy on my hard drive so when some fraudster steals something from you is that my fault i don't think it is but maybe others would disagree.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:33 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

hold on, I am confused

1. your laptop was stolen with a copy of your old passport on it
2. someone used a copy of your old passport to run up some debts with this bank in dubai : http://www.arabbank.ae/
3. meanwhile you got yourself a new passport
4. you lost the original old passport as well
5. somehow someone from Arab Bank found out where you live / work in the UK and has started harassing you for the money that you dont owe them

are these all the points?

well Im still skeptical but if I am proven wrong then I will be the first one to apologize.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
hold on, I am confused

1. your laptop was stolen with a copy of your old passport on it
2. someone used a copy of your old passport to run up some debts with this bank in dubai : http://www.arabbank.ae/
3. meanwhile you got yourself a new passport
4. you lost the original old passport as well
5. somehow someone from Arab Bank found out where you live / work in the UK and has started harassing you for the money that you dont owe them

are these all the points?

well Im still skeptical but if I am proven wrong then I will be the first one to apologize.

Good questions so let me clear some things up for you.

1) laptop was stolen which contained my passport copy and other documents they would have my address on it

2) my old passport ran out (in which time i didn't know i was a victim as it has just came to light)

3) i didn't lose my old passport

4) when you have someone else who has your name and address and uses it to commit a crime then it is very easy to find out this persons telephone number etc (this is what i am led to believe from the research that i have done)
Old Jan 8th 2014, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

3) i didn't lose my old passport
I asked you this question previously. where is it?
Old Jan 8th 2014, 5:11 pm