Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Victim Of Fraud in Dubai

Victim Of Fraud in Dubai

Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:04 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victim Of Fraud in Dubai

Originally Posted by merlin36
No My passport was not stolen but my laptop was which had my passport copy on the hard drive.
So where is the expired/cancelled passport right now? That is where the proof lies because if you've been here it will be stamped.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:07 am
Just Joined

merlin36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikewot
So where is the expired/cancelled passport right now? That is where the proof lies because if you've been here it will be stamped.

mike this passport is long gone as i said in my earlier post it expired i got a new passport but it that time i didn't know i was a victim of fraud this is recent that i found this all out.

I am as confused as the next person on how this could happen.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

So, what you are saying is that most likely the copy of your passport on your stolen laptop has been used to manufacture another passport that has been used in Dubai by somebody?
If this is the case, then the police in Dubai can find this person and check the passport. If it is recognized as fake, (if it is fake, then this can be determined), you will be cleared.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alexa
So, what you are saying is that most likely the copy of your passport on your stolen laptop has been used to manufacture another passport that has been used in Dubai by somebody?
If this is the case, then the police in Dubai can find this person and check the passport. If it is recognized as fake, (if it is fake, then this can be determined), you will be cleared.
Yes it is the only explanation for it i can't see any other way for this to happen and this is also once i get a reply from the passport office i can then send that information to dubai police and the bank and in hope this will solve everything.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:14 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

In a nutshell you're saying that you are a victim of identity theft.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Yes
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the police in Dubai might be interested.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
I think the police in Dubai might be interested.
Im sure they will but i want to get all the correct information before i do.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 11:53 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

in an incredible poorly explained, sounding a bit like a 419 scammer, might be a bit guilty kind of way
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiva
in an incredible poorly explained, sounding a bit like a 419 scammer, might be a bit guilty kind of way
what do you mean shiva please explain.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:13 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

what do you mean shiva please explain.
your explanation is utterly unconvincing, piss poorly written and sounds more than a little like an outright lie
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Well do you know what then shiva if you have nothing constructive to add other than thinking of me being a liar then piss off and don't add anything to the thread i came on here for a good source of information from some of the people and all you think as i am a liar F...off.
Do not swear. This only gets you deleted. If what shiva said is not the case, then prove it once you are able to do so.
You might not be aware that there were very many people some time ago who left Dubai under dubious circumstances. This is neither approved nor forgotten...hence the reaction you might get here.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Well do you know what then shiva if you have nothing constructive to add other than thinking of me being a liar then piss off and don't add anything to the thread i came on here for a good source of information from some of the people and all you think as i am a liar F...off.
You have a very odd way of asking for help with a problem of your own making.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OleJanx
You have a very odd way of asking for help with a problem of your own making.
why is it a problem of my own making when someone steals your identity these things happen all the time is it the victims fault.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alexa
Do not swear. This only gets you deleted. If what shiva said is not the case, then prove it once you are able to do so.
You might not be aware that there were very many people some time ago who left Dubai under dubious circumstances. This is neither approved nor forgotten...hence the reaction you might get here.
Maybe swearing was not the right way to go about it. but it makes me mad that people just come on to the thread and call people liars when all i am trying to get is information and other peoples thoughts not to criticised and called a liar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.