Vehicle Leasing

Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

ninebean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vehicle Leasing

I have searched the forums, and there are only a couple of posts about vehicle leasing.

I may be coming out to Dubai shortly and will be getting a car of some description but my wife and children will be joining me at some stage in the near future and she will need a car.

Does anyone know the approximate lease costs of a Landcruiser?

Many thanks.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:31 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vehicle Leasing

don't you just love google...and it's so easy as well...

http://www.travel-library.com/carren...ast/uae/dubai/
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MataHari
don't you just love google...and it's so easy as well...

http://www.travel-library.com/carren...ast/uae/dubai/
Thanks for the post and yes I did use google but couldn't find any quotes/costs for leasing a car long term, the only costs I could find were for standard short term hire, not long term lease.

If anyone currently leases a Landcruiser or something similar, please let me know what the costs are.

Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Which Landcruiser?

What they call a Landcruiser in the UK is a Prado over here, whilst in the UK the Amazon is a Landcruiser here.

The latter is normally driven very badly by locals over here, so when you see one in the rearview mirror you normally come to expect the worst.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by benzonar
Which Landcruiser?

What they call a Landcruiser in the UK is a Prado over here, whilst in the UK the Amazon is a Landcruiser here.

The latter is normally driven very badly by locals over here, so when you see one in the rearview mirror you normally come to expect the worst.
Thanks for the clarification. I am looking for lease costs of a decent 4WD, so yes a Prado is the one I am looking for, or a range rover.

It will be used by my wife during the week to trog the kids around, and then at weekends to possibly tow a boat and load the diving kit in.

Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Forget Range Rover, service and repair costs are a bit extreme. Better off sticking with Japanese.

You would possibly be better getting a car loan over 5 years and buying the car (although you will need to lease something until you get the residents visa). Although in the current market you might struggle getting a loan tbh.

I would estimate lease costs for a Prado would possibly be around 3300Dhs per month with insurance and maintenance included. Check if your company has any agreements with local dealers.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Excellent stuff, many thanks for your help.

Gives me some more figures into the spreadsheet.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:01 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ninebean
Thanks for the post and yes I did use google but couldn't find any quotes/costs for leasing a car long term, the only costs I could find were for standard short term hire, not long term lease.

If anyone currently leases a Landcruiser or something similar, please let me know what the costs are.

Thanks
maybe you could call/email them...or would you rather we'd do that for you as well and post it for you...
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MataHari
maybe you could call/email them...or would you rather we'd do that for you as well and post it for you...
Thanks for the kind offer, but Benzonar has given me some good info.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ninebean
Thanks for the kind offer, but Benzonar has given me some good info.
welcome to BE, good luck with your move
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
welcome to BE, good luck with your move
Thanks, fingers crossed it all works out.