Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Vaccinations for Dubai

Vaccinations for Dubai

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vaccinations for Dubai

Im a quivvering wreck when it comes to injections. Im a true needlephobe. I become clammy and can't get my words out straight and the thought of booking injections. For some stupid reason (its not any pain related issue) im am sh!t scared about injections.

What immunisations did you have/are recommended for Dubai?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:50 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccinations for Dubai

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2
Im a quivvering wreck when it comes to injections. Im a true needlephobe. I become clammy and can't get my words out straight and the thought of booking injections. For some stupid reason (its not any pain related issue) im am sh!t scared about injections.

I had Hep A and a booster for Polio and Tetunus as mine were somewhat out of date... This was done 3 yrs ago.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
I had Hep A and a booster for Polio and Tetunus as mine were somewhat out of date... This was done 3 yrs ago.
My OH spoke to her 'nurse' at the GP and suggested Tetanus, polio and diptheria (triple vaccine), then HEP A, then HEP B (course of 3 jabs), and rabies (course of 3 jabs).
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:03 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

I only took the Hepatitis one

Come on Matthew, just try not looking when ure being given them injections. Maybe a nice nurse can help u overcome yr phobia
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:16 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

My OH spoke to her 'nurse' at the GP and suggested Tetanus, polio and diptheria (triple vaccine), then HEP A, then HEP B (course of 3 jabs), and rabies (course of 3 jabs).

I dont think there is any real need for Hep B and Rabies, I did ask about them and was imformed that is was not really nessacary. And the likely hood of you catching anything from the ample stray cats and kitten is minimal as they will run from you first.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:56 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

you will have to do a bloodtest for your residency....more needles...
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:48 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

We didnt have any vaccinations before coming here its not necessary anymore...... I do know people that did as they were told to by GP's at home and had loads we they regret when the get here.. I think this is probably very outdated info.............
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:57 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't bother with any, still alive and kicking. You will need to get a blood test for residency though.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 6:29 am
W10

syphilis would be a good one I'd say!!

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:22 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO, that's going overboard. To keep the needle quota down, I wouldn't bother with hep B and rabies. AFAIK, rabies isn't a significant issue out here, and in any event, even in those parts of the world where it's endemic (i.e. almost everywhere), the only people who get rabies jabs as a matter of course are people like vets.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Im back for the Doc's. Although I was petrified, i managed to sty sat for long enough for the nurse to inject both arms. As we all know there is no pain involved!!

I think it may be a bit overboard having them all done, but... id rather be prepared. hey ho, only three more visits to the docs for injections and a single blood test.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:58 pm
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Prepared for what? have you not read any of the replies?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:04 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassy
I dont think he has...LOL
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:06 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Hep A & Hep B is very wise to have and recommended, we are all vaccinated with it, as is Polio, Tetanus & Diptheria.

Rabies vaccine is not a necessary vaccination as GarethR says!

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

I did read the replies, the point I was trying to convey was preparedness for other worldwide destinations when holidaying etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.