Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Uterine Artery Embolization

Uterine Artery Embolization

Old Jun 11th 2013, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all
Default Uterine Artery Embolization

Some information needed....

An American friend of mine asked me if I knew of any good gynecologist in Bahrain who is able to do this procedure on his wife. They have been seeing different doctors there but each doctor seems to be giving them different advice and ideas. He thinks that the doctors they have seen are reluctant to do this operation because she is American and that if something goes wrong they will be in legal troubles with them.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 4:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Uterine Artery Embolization

Originally Posted by redShark
Some information needed....

An American friend of mine asked me if I knew of any good gynecologist in Bahrain who is able to do this procedure on his wife. They have been seeing different doctors there but each doctor seems to be giving them different advice and ideas. He thinks that the doctors they have seen are reluctant to do this operation because she is American and that if something goes wrong they will be in legal troubles with them.
I'll do it.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 4:59 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Are the Doctors giving answers like you give? If so then no wonder your friend is totally confused.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 5:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
Are the Doctors giving answers like you give? If so then no wonder your friend is totally confused.
I get a feeling that this is a wind up in progress. I might google the thread title to see what's what.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

I take it your friends wife has fibroids?? Has she gone down other routes before wanting this procedure done?
There are risks to all medical procedures.
Could she not have the fibroids removed?
Old Jun 12th 2013, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Crewegirl
I take it your friends wife has fibroids?? Has she gone down other routes before wanting this procedure done?
There are risks to all medical procedures.
Could she not have the fibroids removed?
As I understood it she has many fibroids. The alternative to that procedure is to have a full surgery. They want to discuss the matter with a trustworthy doctor before making a decision. the doctors they have seen so far seem to be only competent in delivering babies and that is about it.

Any way, thanks for your positive input
Old Jun 12th 2013, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't most of the docs in Bahrain still banged up after the Pearl Roundabout protest?
Old Jun 12th 2013, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Maybe take a look a the ' NICE guidelines on it as that is what all hospitals in the UK go by.
May give you other options as this procedure isn't always final and the fibroids can come back.
Good luck