British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Using a UK Xbox 360 in Saudi.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/using-uk-xbox-360-saudi-693179/)

ShawJ Nov 11th 2010 3:19 pm

Using a UK Xbox 360 in Saudi..

Hi, does anyone know if a UK Xbox 360 will work in Saudi? :unsure:

Thanks,
Jason

typical Nov 11th 2010 3:45 pm

Re: Using a UK Xbox 360 in Saudi..

Yes in general, but careful of the power supply - Saudi's power is 60Hz and not 50Hz, and voltages vary between 120v and 230v (usually 120v unless labelled).

If it's a 50/60Hz, 120-250v switching supply you'll be fine.

ShawJ Nov 11th 2010 3:46 pm

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Brains1983 Nov 11th 2010 3:57 pm

Can't comment for Saudi, but my xbox live subscription (UK) works fine in UAE. Downloaded content is hit or miss, but there is a way round that too.

Geo79 Nov 14th 2010 4:02 pm

It sure does work in KSA :D

I would like to know if XBox live works here though? Anyone tried it :confused:

COD Modern Warfare II on XBox live against my mates back in England would be awesome :thumbup:

Anyone know?

Welivehere Nov 15th 2010 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Geo79 (Post 8981040)

COD Modern Warfare II on XBox live against my mates back in England would be awesome :thumbup:

Anyone know?

Geo,

I am fairly confident it does. I used to play a lot of MWII on XBL and PSN from Bahrain and have a number friends that also played out of the UAE. I cannot see why there would be an issue out of KSA. Also on PS3 I frequently ended up with in lobbies with players from KSA and I have also played FIFA against KSA gamers

The only issues I used to get was speed, from Bahrain it was not great so sometimes games got a big laggy, not great on FPS. If you can get decent speed I think you will be fineā€¦.

Good luck

EthanB Nov 30th 2010 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Geo79 (Post 8981040)

Anyone know?

My US xbox is on live as I write this. That said, I'm plugged into the 110volt plug, but there's a 220 on my wall - I believe that the xbox can handle 50-60hz, but I can't confirm that. Either way, you can get a voltage regulator though they're nearly as noisy as an xbox360.

Geo79, play any Halo?

ShawJ Nov 30th 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, I have it here now and working so good result! :thumbsup:

Halo - no, more of a GTA IV man though I can't imagine the broadband connection I have (GO wireless) would allow it to work online very well... :blink:

Jason

EthanB Nov 30th 2010 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by ShawJ (Post 9012908)
Thanks for the advice guys, I have it here now and working so good result! :thumbsup:

Halo - no, more of a GTA IV man though I can't imagine the broadband connection I have (GO wireless) would allow it to work online very well... :blink:

Jason

Our hotel has a decent enough connection, but it's not the best. Halo: Reach is a little laggy, but I've been concentrating on more single player games lately. Something to note - it's not too hard to get your xbox modded to play backups here from what I understand (I did mine in the States).

Ethan