British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Useful article - what happens if you die in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/useful-article-what-happens-if-you-die-dubai-604109/)

Meow Apr 18th 2009 10:12 am

Useful article - what happens if you die in Dubai

http://thenational.ae/article/200904...955680325/1275

-

Blue Cat Apr 18th 2009 10:21 am

Re: Useful article - what happens if you die in Dubai

excellent!!! this should be added to the Wiki and also made a sticky, Meow we should get together and make a hand book :thumbup:

Confucius Apr 18th 2009 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7490518)
excellent!!! this should be added to the Wiki and also made a sticky, Meow we should get together and make a hand book :thumbup:

Yes...All that and add a tombstone as well...

MacScot Apr 18th 2009 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7490507)

I think, though, that if you don't want to repatriate a body you can have a deceased person cremated here ?

Blue Cat Apr 18th 2009 11:26 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7490617)
I think, though, that if you don't want to repatriate a body you can have a deceased person cremated here ?

yes you can also go down this route, to be honest with you it is awful though.

Meow Apr 18th 2009 11:30 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7490617)

It is an option in Dubai, but perhaps not if you know the facts.

Only so much you can fit into 600 words though... ;)

-

Blue Cat Apr 18th 2009 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7490652)
It is an option in Dubai, but perhaps not if you know the facts.
Only so much you can fit into 600 words though... ;)

-

exactly :o

Jim Smith Apr 18th 2009 4:43 pm

My first wife died nearly 12 years ago in Dubai. Proceedure took 3 mornings, as most Govt offices closed in pm. Everyone was very helpful and done what was needed immediately. Even her residence permit cancelled in 11 minutes from filling in form to cancelled stamp application. Most expensive one was 50 dirhams at Dept of Health and most 10 dirhams. ...........................However sad to say British Embassy said come back in 90 minutes and charged 700 dirhams for the paperwork needed from them. Sad indeed!

Bob Apr 18th 2009 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7490518)

we don't need more sticky threads, but the info could be added to the wiki, or a link to the article added to the lifestyle section of the wiki... I don't have the time right now but anyone can add the info...

TGFKASE Apr 18th 2009 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 7492009)
we don't need more sticky threads, but the info could be added to the wiki, or a link to the article added to the lifestyle section of the wiki... I don't have the time right now but anyone can add the info...

Which is why we don't need a mod half way around the f u cking world who has no idea what the hell is happening in the Middle East...

Bob, if you have no idea what the important shit is we have to talk about over here is, how can you make this kinda decision....

People are getting f u cked BIG time over here and the last thing we need is someone finding themselves in this kinda position and not knowing what to do...

This aint the good ole U S of A, Bob, so get a life and sticky this....

Bob Apr 19th 2009 12:09 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7492033)
Which is why we don't need a mod half way around the f u cking world who has no idea what the hell is happening in the Middle East...

Bob, if you have no idea what the important shit is we have to talk about over here is, how can you make this kinda decision....

People are getting f u cked BIG time over here and the last thing we need is someone finding themselves in this kinda position and not knowing what to do...

This aint the good ole U S of A, Bob, so get a life and sticky this....

That's what the F'ing wiki is for and if you can't be arsed to add the information to it don't give me stick. FFS, it's right there at the top, editable by anyone on the forum.

The problem with stickied threads, you end up with millions of them and they are pointless when you have the wiki that has a wealth of information there for people, which can easily be updated.

And FFS, hardly anyone ever adds anything to it, I set pretty much the whole thing up and have updated for people but why should I bother if no one else can be arsed to when they are living there?

And I'm also the mod for this section because there weren't any at the time, I have interest in the area and they need cover from various time zones.

Meow Apr 19th 2009 12:27 pm

I did try and add my link to the Wiki, but not sure if it worked. Wrong kind of technical for me...

-

Bob Apr 22nd 2009 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7493199)
I did try and add my link to the Wiki, but not sure if it worked. Wrong kind of technical for me...

-

if you copy and paste it, it'll work as a numbered link, but if you put it in a tag, you'll be able to create a label for it as it were, such as [ http://whatever.gov website name ] Just without the space at either end of the brackets, just a space between the url and the label.

Meow Apr 23rd 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 7504915)
if you copy and paste it, it'll work as a numbered link, but if you put it in a tag, you'll be able to create a label for it as it were, such as [ http://whatever.gov website name ] Just without the space at either end of the brackets, just a space between the url and the label.

:confused:

-

Pollyana Apr 23rd 2009 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7505982)
:confused:

-

I'm no great shakes at this, and the page may need moving to another category, but if you go to
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...tern_Lifestyle
There is now a page on Dying in Dubai - click on Edit and you can add content to it :) All you do is start typing and then save it.

Hope this helps a bit, have to get off to work now, so I can't do any more to it, but its given you a start!