British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Used Cars (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/used-cars-545355/)

CeeBee Jun 26th 2008 2:53 pm

Used Cars

I'm currently diving a Nissan Tiida and came to the conclusion its a potential death trap - and its incredibly slow - so i'm going to start looking for my own car.

I've been to some of the dealers along the SZR around Times Square but they're really for new cars which i don't want. I know someone that went to a place that has a test track but he reckons its well dodgy.

The other used places i've been to have a poor selection - anyone any ideas where to go? I'm new to the place so the only places i know are on the SZR as far as the Burj if you're travelling from the Marina side of town.

I was thinking Z4 coupe, mustang, Lumina SS, Chevy Tahoe, 300c - you get the jist.

scarletfan Jun 26th 2008 3:20 pm

Re: Used Cars

Originally Posted by CeeBee (Post 6506192)
I'm currently diving a Nissan Tiida and came to the conclusion its a potential death trap - and its incredibly slow - so i'm going to start looking for my own car.

I've been to some of the dealers along the SZR around Times Square but they're really for new cars which i don't want. I know someone that went to a place that has a test track but he reckons its well dodgy.

The other used places i've been to have a poor selection - anyone any ideas where to go? I'm new to the place so the only places i know are on the SZR as far as the Burj if you're travelling from the Marina side of town.

I was thinking Z4 coupe, mustang, Lumina SS, Chevy Tahoe, 300c - you get the jist.

Not really looked for cars since we have been here, but try www.autotraderuae.com. May be a useful starting point.

Inselaffen Jun 26th 2008 4:03 pm

have a look on www.dubizzle.com

Bob Jun 26th 2008 9:04 pm

...mustang, Lumina SS, Chevy Tahoe...

shite.

CeeBee Jun 27th 2008 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 6507523)
shite.

Expand?

Blue Cat Jun 27th 2008 9:05 am

Originally Posted by CeeBee (Post 6508798)
Expand?

American, Bob don't do American cars ;)

Madam Medusa Jun 27th 2008 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6508940)

top man...!

MM, xx

CeeBee Jun 27th 2008 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6509045)
top man...!

MM, xx

I'll have to see what i can find. You do seem to get a lot of car for the money though. I'd go for a 3 or 4 year old M3 or something but servicing costs are too scary....so would any repair costs if it was out of warranty if (say) the gearbox went.

I saw a really nice 350z in white at one of the SZR dealers. Soft top too.

Bob Jun 27th 2008 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6508940)

Indeed....though there are a couple of decent ones, none off the top of my head that are current...but those ones listed are utterly rubbish.

The 'stang is good in a straight line but it's rubbish when you ain't dragging and it looks like a bag of spanners, something a pasty, bolding, mid level exec would buy to impress the secretary...along with the 'vette...hair dressers car...it's been a long way since the 50's-70's when American muscle has been quality and cool.

Someone is now going to say they own a 'vette or a 'stang now aren't they :lol:

Anyway, not much help as I don't know what's good out there, but I'd stay away from chevy and ford

busybee2 Jun 28th 2008 2:54 pm

my hubs has a 'stang' as he has to drive up and down from ab dabs to dubai most days, and its really nice and easy to drive, plus it gets you from a to b in no time at all!

Confucius Jun 28th 2008 6:05 pm

Wow, that's a lot of penis extension to think about...

Confucius Jun 28th 2008 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 6513193)
my hubs has a 'stang' as he has to drive up and down from ab dabs to dubai most days, and its really nice and easy to drive, plus it gets you from a to b in no time at all!

Ab Dab has to Abs...