Reload this Page >

US marriage certificates

US marriage certificates

Old Sep 7th 2010, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Mana-mana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US marriage certificates

Hi folks,

I've been approached about an interesting opportunity in the Emirates which, if it solidified, would involve a move early in the new year.

The issue I've got is, my fiancee and I have a very big wedding planned for next year which we can't really move up, but legally we'd be required to be married for her to come to UAE with me.

So here's my question; if we nipped over to Vegas and got hitched (completely legally, with a proper marriage certificate), would that satisfy UAE requirements?

Thanks
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:23 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US marriage certificates

Originally Posted by Mana-mana
Hi folks,

I've been approached about an interesting opportunity in the Emirates which, if it solidified, would involve a move early in the new year.

The issue I've got is, my fiancee and I have a very big wedding planned for next year which we can't really move up, but legally we'd be required to be married for her to come to UAE with me.

So here's my question; if we nipped over to Vegas and got hitched (completely legally, with a proper marriage certificate), would that satisfy UAE requirements?

Thanks
Yep.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Back in late 2008 when our family was preparing to move to Libya, we had to submit our docs to the Libyan immigration authorities in advance of moving. We were married the previous year in Lagos, Nigeria and submitted the Nigerian marriage certificate.

The Libyans refused to accept the Nigerian marriage certificate with some vague and nebulous excuse that they didn't recognize it as a valid document.

Since Mrs O was in the UK at the time, but only on a visit visa, we had to apply to the UK Home Office and get married again in the UK.

I've heard quite a few stories now about the UAE authorities picking and choosing just what THEY consider to be valid documents.

Open University degree certificates are another document they may or may not accept.

Just a heads-up...
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

No disrepect intended and I do mean that but there are one or two dodgy things come out of Nigeria so you cant blame them for being sceptical can you
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
No disrepect intended and I do mean that but there are one or two dodgy things come out of Nigeria so you cant blame them for being sceptical can you

And none taken....and it was quite funny that the Home Office accepted our explanation of why we were requesting to get married again, in the UK