Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

mcmonkiez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US Job Offer / Riyadh Job Offer

Folks,

I have offered a job in US

which is $ 70K per annum.

I like US but have to pay eveything from my own pocket

in Saudi - Riyadh offered a job @ NGHA National Health Guard Hospital (King abdulaziz Medical city)

Basic Salary 12,000 SR per month
Housing allowance: 21,000 per year

family contract with wife and 2 kids education, health and every year ticket back home within the package as well as wife and kids residence visa.

US job and Saudi job work wise is same sort of work in IT and dont know so confuse to pick.

Saudi law>>> I am british and thinking i have to give my passport to my employer?
if i need to travel back in emergency while i m waiting for my Iqama can i go back?

as i am going on work visa then my iqama will issued but in between anything happened and need to go back to UK on emergency can i able to travel back?

and what do you guys think about the packages.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Job Offer / Riyadh Job Offer

Originally Posted by mcmonkiez
Folks,

I have offered a job in US

which is $ 70K per annum.

I like US but have to pay eveything from my own pocket

in Saudi - Riyadh offered a job @ NGHA National Health Guard Hospital (King abdulaziz Medical city)

Basic Salary 12,000 SR per month
Housing allowance: 21,000 per year

family contract with wife and 2 kids education, health and every year ticket back home within the package as well as wife and kids residence visa.

US job and Saudi job work wise is same sort of work in IT and dont know so confuse to pick.

Saudi law>>> I am british and thinking i have to give my passport to my employer?
if i need to travel back in emergency while i m waiting for my Iqama can i go back?

as i am going on work visa then my iqama will issued but in between anything happened and need to go back to UK on emergency can i able to travel back?

and what do you guys think about the packages.
Please clarify the housing allowance?

If that's GBP, it's OK, and will get you a small but OK place
If that's USD, it could be better, and won't get you much
If that's SAR................. God help you.

And is education paid in full? That's worth having, if so.

Good luck.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

zayn is on a distinguished road

The $70K US salary package all depends on what city you will be based in. If you are in nyc, the average 2 bedroom will cost you $1600+utilities(200). I take it you're probably going to be in one of the major cities so the apt cost won't be much cheaper. Your salary in US will be taxed so keep that in mind and you can look that up one of the online tax calculators.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

US- what visa they getting for you? L1 company transfer, or an E2 treaty trader manager for a Brit company, or you ain't going, so that should answer your question of which one to pursue.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
US- what visa they getting for you? L1 company transfer, or an E2 treaty trader manager for a Brit company, or you ain't going, so that should answer your question of which one to pursue.
H1B visa already approved and stamped on passport .

yes Ct state where renting property is around 1800 a month plus bills.

i left with 2500 cash then which is still good.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Dean
Please clarify the housing allowance?

If that's GBP, it's OK, and will get you a small but OK place
If that's USD, it could be better, and won't get you much
If that's SAR................. God help you.

And is education paid in full? That's worth having, if so.

Good luck.
housing in Saudi riyal.

they not giving me any more money at all plus within the employer compound no space available.

so just kind of worried.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

zayn is on a distinguished road

I think about 1500 is more realistic in terms of cash left over after taxes, transport, medical, food, etc. that's if you're conservative spender.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If you've got it in passport and you don't go, I'd be really surprised that they don't ask you for all the fee's back if you don't go over, be a good $6K...and you might as well as an H1 is next to impossible, you can always get a job in KSA, but unless your a yank, you can't in the US.

Edit to add: US, how much will the medical insurance cost you? co-pays, deductibles, prescriptions, level of coverage? utilities won't be to bad, electric about $100-200 a month depending on how large a gaff and if you AC up in the summer....winter heating could be around $200-400 a month in oil, seems to be going down these days though.

Last edited by Bob; Nov 25th 2008 at 9:20 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
If you've got it in passport and you don't go, I'd be really surprised that they don't ask you for all the fee's back if you don't go over, be a good $6K...and you might as well as an H1 is next to impossible, you can always get a job in KSA, but unless your a yank, you can't in the US.

Edit to add: US, how much will the medical insurance cost you? co-pays, deductibles, prescriptions, level of coverage? utilities won't be to bad, electric about $100-200 a month depending on how large a gaff and if you AC up in the summer....winter heating could be around $200-400 a month in oil, seems to be going down these days though.
so you think US is better option.

I think US would be better too coz it will give and build my experience and i can add something on my cv too plus later i can try to find something in ksa better money etc.

Last edited by mcmonkiez; Nov 25th 2008 at 9:33 pm. Reason: yes company pay my health insurance.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

You wo't find anywhere to live for that amount - well, nowhere you would WANT to live. And on that salary you will struggle with a wife and two kids IMO.

Go to US

N
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nic1
You wo't find anywhere to live for that amount - well, nowhere you would WANT to live. And on that salary you will struggle with a wife and two kids IMO.

Go to US

N
how much you think employer should offer a salary to british national?

i can go US but thinking about this credit crunch and losses job in US as not a US national /..with saudi. cost of living is cheap food and stuff i am trying my best to get the housing within compound...
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea of salary levels in the medical field for IT people. But unless you get the housing sorted out it really won't work. The cheapest compound housing here that I've heard about is about 85,000sr for a 3-bed portacabin type house. Pleasant but small. I have no idea what independant non-compound housing costs out here - does anyone else have an idea ?

Go back and check the housing issue, then look at the costs you will incurr with a family of four out here. It is cheaper as there's little to do, but you have to live, and being out here is not the best anyway, being out here and struggling financially would really be the pits!!

N
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

so you think US is better option.

I think US would be better too coz it will give and build my experience and i can add something on my cv too plus later i can try to find something in ksa better money etc.
I don't know if it's a better option, but as you've got the visa (how they haven't asked you to start already I don't know)...if you don't like it you can leave, but if you don't like the KSA, you might never get the chance of the US again, what with the visa being a lottery and slim chances of getting the H1 these days.

You mention that the company is paying medical insurance, that's a given, but are they paying it 100%? That's pretty rare these days, usually you'll still have to pay anything from $50-1100 a month depending on how much the company pays and also depends on age and health, more pricey if you've got kids or asthma etc...also rare that you wouldn't have a co-pay for each doctors visit or an annual deductible you'd need to meet before insurance kicks in.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Duracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bob
I don't know if it's a better option, but as you've got the visa (how they haven't asked you to start already I don't know)...if you don't like it you can leave, but if you don't like the KSA, you might never get the chance of the US again, what with the visa being a lottery and slim chances of getting the H1 these days.
Agree totally. It is a lottery and H1 is like gold dust.

I would say USA is better for you, also life is more comparable to back home.