British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   URGENT - Springs 15 cat missing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/urgent-springs-15-cat-missing-571470/)

Blue Cat Nov 6th 2008 4:39 am

URGENT - Springs 15 cat missing

1 Attachment(s)
I know we don't normally have pet stuff on here but this is an exception to the case I feel. My friend's siamese cat has gone missing :( we are hoping and praying he hasn't been stolen, as there has been alot of cats going missing in that area recently. Anyway here is is pic, keep your eyes open if you are in that area.

Spugsy Nov 6th 2008 5:00 am

Re: URGENT - Springs 15 cat missing

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6945310)
I know we don't normally have pet stuff on here but this is an exception to the case I feel. My friend's siamese cat has gone missing :( we are hoping and praying he hasn't been stolen, as there has been alot of cats going missing in that area recently. Anyway here is is pic, keep your eyes open if you are in that area.

poor *****ers, can't be nice.

Santi has now made friends with the local stray kittens, last night there was a tapping on the door, I opened it and a little white kitten was sitting there looking at me, Santi ran out and they started playing and then ran off together.

Blue Cat Nov 6th 2008 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6945342)
poor *****ers, can't be nice.

Santi has now made friends with the local stray kittens, last night there was a tapping on the door, I opened it and a little white kitten was sitting there looking at me, Santi ran out and they started playing and then ran off together.

my friend who has lost this cat is really upset about, she brought him over here from Scotland and he really is her 'baby'. Fingers crossed he reappears, I did think he might have gone of looking for a bit of female company but then I remembered he is gay, maybe he has gone off to find George Michael :eek:

boroexile Nov 6th 2008 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6945347)
my friend who has lost this cat is really upset about, she brought him over here from Scotland and he really is her 'baby'. Fingers crossed he reappears, I did think he might have gone of looking for a bit of female company but then I remembered he is gay, maybe he has gone off to find George Michael :eek:

If theres a heath near you I would definately try there then (for the cat and/or George Michael).

NorthernLad Nov 6th 2008 5:10 am

Probably pointing out the obvious, but has she contacted Feline Friends to register the cat as missing?

We did it when one of ours went missing and they tried to help.

Blue Cat Nov 6th 2008 5:11 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 6945354)
Probably pointing out the obvious, but has she contacted Feline Friends to register the cat as missing?

We did it when one of ours went missing and they tried to help.

yes busy doing all the necessary, ringing all the vets etc. Another friend of mine on Springs 8 (I think) lost her cat, some labourers found it at the new welcare hospital site :eek: rang her and she got it back! two weeks it had been missing, very obviously someone had catknapped it, there is no way it could get all the way down there from the Springs.

cod head Nov 6th 2008 11:39 am

we had the opposite last week - a cat and 2 kittens appeared at our doorstep - very dirty and underfed - we took them in and now they wont leave ;)

anyone want 2 kittens? we will keep the cat, but 3 is a bit much

Blue Cat Nov 6th 2008 11:52 am

Originally Posted by cod head (Post 6946043)
we had the opposite last week - a cat and 2 kittens appeared at our doorstep - very dirty and underfed - we took them in and now they wont leave ;)

anyone want 2 kittens? we will keep the cat, but 3 is a bit much

rubbish, keep em all! I have four here :)

BurpusMe Nov 6th 2008 5:25 pm

Best of luck to your friend with her cat. Beautiful fella.

The Dean Nov 7th 2008 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6945347)

The cat is gay???

(Editor's Note: All jokes featuring the words 'cat', 'pussy' and 'gay' should be sent direct to Jim Davidson, not published on The Bored)

Shadya Nov 7th 2008 5:59 am

I hear that the Dubai Municipality are now grabbing collared cats as well as stray cats to maintain their numbers (the more cats they catch, the more they get paid) so don't expect a happy ending.

BurpusMe Nov 7th 2008 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 6948783)
I hear that the Dubai Municipality are now grabbing collared cats as well as stray cats to maintain their numbers (the more cats they catch, the more they get paid) so don't expect a happy ending.

I really hate what DM is doing with this campaign.

Blue Cat Nov 7th 2008 6:10 am

well that makes me feel so much better :o

Eva Nov 7th 2008 6:44 am

Another attention seeking post.........
Was that really necessary?
S'pose you have told your 5 year old Santa doesn't really exist already........

Blue Cat Nov 7th 2008 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 6948864)
Another attention seeking post.........
Was that really necessary?
S'pose you have told your 5 year old Santa doesn't really exist already........

thanks Eva, that comment really upset me and it aint even my cat that is missing but my best mates :(