Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

upgrading to first class

upgrading to first class

Old May 21st 2008, 7:36 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default upgrading to first class

is there any easy way to be upgraded to first class? I'm flying with BA tomorrow and just wondered, I know people who have (mrs spugsy for one, with her laptop and busienss suit on) but it's never (and probably never will) happen to me,

any tips to try it??

Old May 21st 2008, 7:43 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: upgrading to first class

Originally Posted by Spugsy
is there any easy way to be upgraded to first class? I'm flying with BA tomorrow and just wondered, I know people who have (mrs spugsy for one, with her laptop and busienss suit on) but it's never (and probably never will) happen to me,

any tips to try it??

First Class is quite lonely, especially on Etihad. You are in a little cocoon on your own. You never get to meet any interesting people .
Old May 21st 2008, 7:49 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

any tips to try it??

Me neither.... Ive asked and got nowhere!

Mr Star is off on business soon and is being flown first class.....He is well rubbing it in!
My cousin got upgraded from economy to first class with Virgin to new York.... does not know how it happened! She gave her tickets in and was told that she and her boyfriend had a free upgrade! She was dressed in jeans and t-shirt!
Old May 21st 2008, 7:52 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Chances of getting upgraded if you ask are practically nil
Old May 21st 2008, 7:54 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

any tips to try it??

If you have paid for economy tickets, the chances of being upgraded to first class is about as remote as Newcastle winning any silverware. If you have paid for business class your chances increase.

Bear in mind that airlines will select frequent flyer for upgrade before 'ordinary' passengers and you also have a better chance if travelling alone and looking presentable.
Old May 21st 2008, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

Try the back crick after an hour in the air and demand that you have to lay flat on your back in the aisle or suggest maybe it would be easier for the trolleys that you lay don on a bed in first!!
Old May 21st 2008, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

A belgian friend once got upgraded from Business Class to Concorde for a flight to the US. Luck B#stard!
Old May 21st 2008, 7:59 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
If you have paid for economy tickets, the chances of being upgraded to first class is about as remote as Newcastle winning any silverware. If you have paid for business class your chances increase.

Bear in mind that airlines will select frequent flyer for upgrade before 'ordinary' passengers and you also have a better chance if travelling alone and looking presentable.
Never thought of joining those emirates and BA points clubs?? Are they any good?
Old May 21st 2008, 8:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Never thought of joining those emirates and BA points clubs?? Are they any good?
yeah just joined today actually, bit lare but you know...Just thought I'd ask anyway, I doubt I'll ever get upgraded, it doesn't help that I'm a 15 stone skinhead....
Old May 21st 2008, 8:07 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star

If you fly with the particular airline quite often - then yes, definitely. There are benefits from being a silver or gold cardholder with Emirates, although you do have to clock up a few miles.
Old May 21st 2008, 8:12 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Meow

what about upgraded to business class then?
Old May 21st 2008, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

have beenn upgraded to first with EK loads of times. But only as business class was oversubscribed and i am a skywards gold member..

Same with upgrades to business from economy. It has only happened when they have been over subscribed. They look through the list of passangers and usually its the Gold members that will be upgraded.

If you are a BA frequent flyer with Gold status you may have a chance.

if not no chance
Old May 21st 2008, 8:24 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
have beenn upgraded to first with EK loads of times. But only as business class was oversubscribed and i am a skywards gold member..

Same with upgrades to business from economy. It has only happened when they have been over subscribed. They look through the list of passangers and usually its the Gold members that will be upgraded.

If you are a BA frequent flyer with Gold status you may have a chance.

if not no chance
aye just thought I'd ask, nee chance then. Shame as my legs always stick out into the aisle, bah.
Old May 21st 2008, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

aye just thought I'd ask, nee chance then. Shame as my legs always stick out into the aisle, bah.
mate, go early and ask for an emergency exit seat. They cannot issue these over the net or phone (if they tell you otherwise they are lying)

Im a lanky twat too and always get the emergency exit seat in Economy
Old May 21st 2008, 8:31 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, there is a website that gives you the seating plan for every model of aircraft for every airline in the world. You can then work out which seat to choose based on your requirements. For instance, if you have long legs, then you can choose a seat with no seats in front of it.

I don't know the web address, I'll ask my anorak husband when I get home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.